Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Token Day
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello guys and gals, I went detecting with a club buddy for a few hours in the afternoon. The wind was crazy this morning and it felt like 36.
So, we waited and met up around 1:30 and the sun really made a difference but we both had hooded sweatshirts on.
Turned out for me that it was Token day. Four kids play tokens (baseball machine type) and one cool token from 1946.
The Pennsylvania Super Highway token dated 1946. I checked it online and that was the only year they were made. It was a cool find for an Octagonal shaped token.

The two items that look like pins are from golf folks. My buddy told me they used them to mark the placement of the balls.

Best of luck to all,

Tony

Two photo's one for the front and one for the back. Token are dark and I didn't shine them up, hope you don't mind.
You are the token King , each one is a fun find. The ball markers are interesting , was it a former golf course?
Pat
Good deal!! I love tokens!!
Keep it coming!
I was hoping for silver coins whenever I went detecting, but I was never disappointed when I found a token. There is an interesting story behind every one and it's always fun to find out something about them. I don't recall ever having an all token day; good bit of digging Tony!
Thanks Pat, you are one smart cookie, yes it was a former golf course.

Thanks OTH.

Thanks Shade, yeah that was my title but I didn’t show the clad coins or bent nails and a few alumin scrap.
I have never found that many tokens in this ne outing so I went with that trying to show the good in life.

Best of luck to all who search or just enjoy this crazy hobby.

Tony
Love finding tokens, you had a great day way to go!
Thank you Gold Mike,
Getting out and finding different things is still fun.

Tony
Nice catch on all the tokens Big T! Variety is the spice of life!

Ed
Thanks Ed, you have that right and in this crazy hobby it is true as well.

Tony
Reference URL's