Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: 3 hours at an old home site
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[attachment=10462][attachment=10463][attachment=10462] I got out to an old home site for about 3 hours today. The first hour and a half only yielded junk and a buck or so in clad ( the whole day only yielded 1.24 in clad)
Just about the time I started thinking this was gonna be a fill dirt ruined site I get a high tone at around 6 inches and out comes a 1962 Roosie.
Not much else for quite a while and then a high tone with a goofy VDI pops up and I got a bang out of what I unearth , an intact spring loaded pop gun.
The mechanism is full of dirt , it is going back in to soak and then I will try compressed air to blow it out. Not an earth shattering find , but I think it's fun.
I am looking forward to a return trip , but life happens and I had to get back home.
I hope everyone else is getting to swing a coil and they are getting great signals.
HH
Pat
Pat,

Congratulations on those two cool finds. I agree with you on the bang up surprise! Very interesting item for sure.
As they say on TV “ Rusty Gold”........I hope it cleans up good for you.

Tony
Looks like Mother Nature is finally saying it's OK to go hunting now. Good that you are out and searching once again. Nice finds for sure and I hope you'll let us see how the pop gun cleans up.
Love the old pistol! Can you get a name off of it?
Congrats Pat! A rosy is a rosy! Bang up job! ChuckleYes

Ed
(04-22-2018 08:13 PM)ohioturkeyhunter Wrote: [ -> ]Love the old pistol! Can you get a name off of it?

There is writing on it , but so far reading it is a no go.

PS Ed " bang up job" lol
Cool cap gun!

Nice score on the silver too Yes
Reference URL's