Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: GHOST TOWN GIVES UP MORE GOLD, COINS, TOKENS, RELICS!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey all,

been on a 2 day diggin spree in the 1840s - 1940s Ghost Town I've been hunting for 6 yrs now and it's still given stuff up like I've never even touched it!

Many of you'all know I've ran a good 2 dozen machines through this place since finding it 6 yrs back (including) 3 Deus units, 2 CTX's, F19, Racer, Fors Relic, Fors Gold+, ATP, Makro CF, Gold Bug Pro, CZ6a, Sov, Musky, MXT, Impact, Vaquero, Whites Classic 2, Etrac, Exp 2, and on and on.

I used the Deus on both hunts this time around/again because the iron is so thick that's it's constant machine gun fire in all directions for 200 yrds/no matter which way you walk and I'm glad I did. Today the iron gave up another piece of gold (10K gold band). Lower tone, 1 way hit and scratchy/junky sounding to say the least but I know this place like the back of my hand and you can't not dig if you get at least a 1 way hit. That's how the Gold $1 coin I dug here a few yrs back sounded/acted too so I had to dig!

No good old coins came to light this time around (which is strange) but I managed 7 wheats mostly from the teens/20s. Got a nice very old Heart shaped Brooch with fancy engraving that looks like it had a stone at one time, an old (1890s/1900) Soap Token, a ton of buttons including many with iron backs (hard to pick OUT of iron!), buckles, suspender clips, lantern parts, horse tack, toe taps, a Finial, broken stirrup, doo dads and more.

Pictures tell the story,

thanks for looking!

[Image: 30rp9qw.jpg]

[Image: 2j5fns9.jpg]

[Image: 2dwhrbo.jpg]

[Image: m7cl92.jpg]

[Image: mwtny1.jpg]

[Image: zsn3iq.jpg]

[Image: 2r4ol92.jpg]

[Image: 69289e.jpg]

[Image: fvfrpf.jpg]

[Image: 24119o4.jpg]

[Image: 2dbo2eg.jpg]

[Image: hukmix.jpg]

[Image: 25socvt.jpg]

[Image: 1zpjxut.jpg]

[Image: k8fep.jpg]

[Image: vo7qsm.jpg]

[Image: 28gz1ae.jpg]

[Image: 14trlsi.jpg]

[Image: 2h2mjrc.jpg]
MRH, those are some cool finds from a very cool place. Congratulations!

We all do the same thing, keep going back and try different settings, machines and whatever we can think of to assist us.

Best of luck,

Tony
There are A LOT old cool relics there!!! That has to have been a blast to dig all that cool stuff!

What is this item in your pile of goodies?
Outstanding couple of days of detecting MRH. I have said here before that you are the most persistent, methodical, and knowledgeable MDer I've encountered. You deserve every good thing you find. I'm sure you are right about the brooch having once had a stone---too bad it has popped out. Still a great find, and the gold ring is very quaint. Congrats on everything.
(04-22-2018 08:40 PM)ohioturkeyhunter Wrote: [ -> ]There are A LOT old cool relics there!!! That has to have been a blast to dig all that cool stuff!

What is this item in your pile of goodies?

Not exactly sure OTH but I think it's a top to a bottle or something -- it has a sailing ship on it (like a Cutty Sark/Clipper type ship). Made of aluminum.

And thanks shadeseeker and bigtony Yes
Awesome finds as usual , that site is amazing. Thanks for sharing with us.
HH
pat
We don't need no stinkin' badges for the PLETHORA of finds you got there MRH on a 2 day trip! Flipping WTG! YesYesYesBeerBeerBeer It would take me 3 months to dig up that much stuff and in 2 days I'd be on resusitation!! Chuckle

Congrats on all of it and like they say, no site is ever hunted out. You proved that in spades! You are a detectorist! Yes

Ed
Killer finds buddy. Nice buttons, cool ring!
Thanks Digsit & ODF

and,,,,,, D-Ray!

Where the heck you been pal?? You gotta show your face a little more around here man!

Don't see you over at the other place at all either Confused
Good stuff MRH, Congrats!
Reference URL's