Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Found a Toasted large cent
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello guys and gals,

Yesterday I went to a private and was lucky enough to find a Toasted 1803 Large Cent. Using a 30 power I can see 803 in the date. I can also see the outline of the face
looking right with an outline of a hair bun. So it probably was an 1803. Mintage is high, over 3 million made - so that is my best guess.
I also landed a broken and incomplete lead solider. an old tie clip and a USA Olympic Committee pin. Clad and assorted junk not shown in photo.

No field pictures - I left it home, go figure.....glad I didn't leave my batteries home though....

Best of luck to all,

Tony
WTG Tony! Yes I've never found one that old. Good investigative work too! That's close enough for me! And if you found that, then there has to be a lot more.

Low and slow!

Turn up the radio! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HAJV2va9V9A

Work hard! Play Hard!

Ed
Your 1803 LC is a great discovery Tony. Too bad it's not in better shape, but so many of the old coppers are like that. 1803 rates as very old in my book, so congrats on a good find. Trying to relieve the boredom of being inside all day I did a few quick looks around the internet to find out something about your olympic committee pin. Found a few just like it stating it's from the 1984 Los Angeles Olympics. Yours appears to be in good condition, so congrats on another good dig.
(04-27-2018 06:37 PM)Ohio Dirt Fisher Wrote: [ -> ]WTG Tony! Yes I've never found one that old. Good investigative work too! That's close enough for me! And if you found that, then there has to be a lot more.

Low and slow!

Work hard! Play Hard!

Ed
Thanks Ed, and things do go better with Rock. Thanks for sharing that one!
I will get back there and see if there are any other old goodies but it was a very wet area of the private and it needs to dry out a bit.

Low and Slow is the way to go,

Tony

(04-27-2018 08:17 PM)shadeseeker Wrote: [ -> ]Your 1803 LC is a great discovery Tony. Too bad it's not in better shape, but so many of the old coppers are like that. 1803 rates as very old in my book, so congrats on a good find. Trying to relieve the boredom of being inside all day I did a few quick looks around the internet to find out something about your olympic committee pin. Found a few just like it stating it's from the 1984 Los Angeles Olympics. Yours appears to be in good condition, so congrats on another good dig.
Thanks for looking that one up Shade, you are the man! I hadn't researched that item.

Yeah, old coppers in wet soil eight inches down for that period of time - just takes a toll out on them.

Tony
Way to go big guy!!! That thing is 215 years old!!!!

(04-27-2018 06:37 PM)Ohio Dirt Fisher Wrote: [ -> ]WTG Tony! Yes I've never found one that old. Good investigative work too! That's close enough for me! And if you found that, then there has to be a lot more.

Low and slow!

Work hard! Play Hard!

Ed

I had that album on cassette!!!
Thank you OTH! Yeah that is old and it makes you start thinking of the past and how it got there.

Best of luck,

Tony
Chalk up some more great digs for Big T! I love to see old coppers see the light of day , even toasty ones. The Olympic pin is cool too.
Thanks for sharing them.
Pat
Thank you Pat, they are cool finds even though they are badly worn.

Best of luck,

Tony
Cool digs Big T

like the cufflink too!
Thanks MRH. Yeah the cuff link was a neat surprise.
Reference URL's