Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Got a New Makro Multi Kruzer/Took it To the Ghost Town
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Okay guys, I took the Kruzer out to the ghost town on it's maiden voyage for a good 4.5 hr hunt yesterday to get used to it/test a few modes & see what I could pull out behind the 2 days of using the Deus out there last weekend. The farmer hasn't plowed/prepped the field for planting yet so everything is as it was last weekend and no new targets have been plowed up VS last weekend.

1st off = 2 things:

1: I couldn't do video yesterday because winds were 15/20 MPH out of the N/W with gust at 25 or more so it was a cold 48 degrees with winds like that and it would have made for a noisy/windy video that woulda been worthless anyway but I promise I'll make one soon - the weather is going to be a lot warmer/better from here on out it looks like.

2: Most of the iron shown in the pics was dug on purpose because I'm cleaning the place out little by little to help with the unmasking of good targets. I dig any/all iron I can to rid the site of it but in all honesty = I did get fooled on a couple of pieces thinking they were something good but that's because I was pushing the machine to its limits/running it as hot as she'd go.

I ran 4 tones for a bit when I 1st got there which I really like on the Impact and then messed around with 3 tones for 10/15 mins or so but I quickly learned that 2 tones on the Kruzer has way better modulated audio (VCO type modulated) and so I ran that for the majority of the time. Settings were = 19kHz, 0 disc, 0 isat, gain 90, notch lowest setting, Fe vol. 3, T-break 15, tones 150 kHz for iron and 700 for everything else. GB out at 81

All I can say is WoW! This thing makes an iron infested site come alive with audio clicking/popping, iron grunting and noise from every little piece of whatever's in the ground. It definitely has that Nok/Mak dna of the Racers, Impact and I think even the Fors Gold+ --- it definitely reminds me of the Gold+ in the 2 tone mode in how hot it runs, the audio and in how it makes the ground talk back at you! I think it may have something to do with running in 19 kHz like the Gold+ does VS the Racers & Impact. They just don't seem to light the ground up on quite the same level (even though they are great machines) and I'm not saying they're any better/worse or vise/versa. It's just something I notice since having ran all of them. Outside of this = you'll have to be on your toes/at the top of your game while sifting the heavy iron running it like this because it's noisy and you have to be listening for any/every thing but once she locks onto something = you'll definitely know you've got a non ferrous vs ferrous target in the mix as the audio doesn't lie/let you down. It's fairly easy to tell MOST iron too because it crackles and has a tingy or spongy/hollow sound and the numbers jump around. Once in a while a really deep thicker/bigger piece may fool you but not often and most times you can tell it's iron. And speaking of "deep" = this unit will not let you down there -- for a stock 7x11 coil this thing is crazy deep. The tiny tack hammer in the pics above was a good 14" deep (beyond my predators blade length by 3 or 4 inches) and sounded loud and clear running in 4 tones. Menu/ease of use - it's an easy menu to navigate and especially if you're used to any of the Mak/Nok machines. The build quality = this thing is built like a tank! I like it a LOT. The main reason I bought this machine is for the waterproof feature and it's build quality to take in creeks and small rivers around here full of iron junk but to also handle the abuse of the terrain. We have tons of river rock from pebble size up to small boulder size so I need something that can handle being sloshed around in that type of environment and it looks like it'll do just fine (tu)

Items worth mention:
A CW Eagle Coat button (slightly pushed in center)
A WWI Gen Service Coat button
A V nickel 1898 I believe
A CW Business/store card
a couple misc civilian buttons, clay pipe stem, etc.

Pics tell the rest of the story,

thanks for looking/reading (tu)

[Image: rclb2s.jpg]

[Image: 30arzu9.jpg]

[Image: 2colgs6.jpg]

[Image: 2prhemg.jpg]

[Image: t9vae9.jpg]

[Image: 2vn2zya.jpg]

[Image: 2zi8zgk.jpg]

[Image: 2aj84zl.jpg]

[Image: 2s1qc90.jpg]

[Image: rldzdl.jpg]

[Image: t99xzt.jpg]
Well I gotta say MRH that was a great hunt with a new machine. You certainly covered the bases with all that iron in the way.

Congrats on another eye popper hunt!!!

Ed
I agree with Ed, terrific hunt with a new machine, congratulations on those finds!
Good idea to dig out some trash. That will help you going forward on your many returns there.

I am hearing good things about the Kruzer but I just picked up the Impact this past February (and I do like it plenty).

Best of luck,

Tony
Those are some great finds for a maiden voyage with a detector. I hope you are right and we finally have good weather here to stay.
Your research into prospective sites is phenomenal.
Thanks for sharing the great finds with us.
Pat
More good work MRH and a nice tutorial on the new Kruzer. I'm sure many members here are looking forward to more reports from you about this detector. I'm sure you'll be finding silver and other good relics as you proceed on this site.
Your knowledge of several different MD’s is amazing!! Keep us informed
Reference URL's