Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: # 17, a deep silver pendant.....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
and one 44 wheat, not shown. Same park except I upped the sense and ran between 28 and 30 most of the time. The Rosie was at 6 " down in the clay and blew my ears out. The pendant was 8" down in the clay and was a solid but medium loud 3-29, 4-29 and sometimes from different angles a 1-29. I hit the pendant right on the nose but missed the Rosie by another 2 inches and dug it out of the side wall. 6X8 SEF coil again. Note the rust stains in the yellow clay surrounding the Rosie. I think I'm going to go over this site with the 11" Pro coil and the same method. Today I dug a lot of nails and scrap as well as trash like bottlecaps. 3 hours but I think it was worth it. And I'm certain I've been over this ground area where I found these; many, many times before. So this low and real slow and concentrated effort seems to be panning out. But it's a real back breaker after a day's work.

GL & HH out there and have fun!

And remember to take your Tylenol BEFORE you go swinging!

Oh, and my bad, I found the 35 Merc in my work pants this morning when swapping out dress for the day! Little bugger was hiding down in a corner of my magazine pocket. (Where I put it. It was a long day!)

Ed
WTG, ODF - Ed, one down about 6 inches in iron infested dirt the other down about 6 inches in the jean pant pocket, congratulations on finding both.

And that silver pendant is a very nice find, congratulations on that as well.

Tony
Congrats Ed You are only 17 ahead of me!!
Woo hoo Ed! It's nice to see the silver come back into the light of day. You forgot to tell us your detector settings when you found silver in your pocket , lol.
Your low and slow method has me inspired , maybe next trip out I'll give it a whirl with a lesser machine and see what happens. You better look out you are only 13 silvers ahead of me Tongue
HH
Pat
Nice job on #17 and the little pendant as your experiment evolves. Mighty glad you chanced upon the lost merc---everybody loves a happy ending!
Dang Ed

I can't keep up on all your silver finds threads!

Cool beans Yes
Thanks guys! I got a whole .22 cents today! But I found a freshly dropped wallet with cash and credit cards that belonged to some woman and called the Rangers and they came over an picked it up. So it wasn't for nothing that I was there. I lost a wallet once and it was the biggest PIA of my entire life! (In Manhattan, no less! No )

I used the 11" Pro coil today and I'm taking it off tomorrow and going back to the 6x8 SEF. I almost went deaf with that Pro Coil. I dug so much iron it was literally disgusting!

Thanks again for the kudos! And Pat, Tone Variability at 10, Gain at 9, Sense at 28, Iron Mask at 14, Volume 10, Recovery at Deep, Tone at Normal. And a couple of other things but it's too complicated for even me to remember accurately. But I never thought of detecting the pants! I'll keep that in mind! Chuckle

Keep moving fellas. Don't stop!

Ed
Ed, I understand about the 11 inch coil - with everything boosted up to almost max levels - yeah that could be part of why my hearing is bad in both ears.
I did the same thing with my EXP II.

Tony
Reference URL's