Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Got number 3 and 4 today while hunting with our fearless leader Joe Grasso
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Joe and I finally got together and did a face to face in a North Jersey park. He is a really cool person and very warm and generous.
We chatted some - detected some and chatted some more, then detected again.
I was using the Imapct with the DI4 program, Gain was near 85 and F3 for iron sound. It was a very chatty park, in that many signals were scratchy and the machine
had a hard time locking onto targets. After about one hour we moved to another location by a parking area. Joe was in a field and I decided to go back under a Willow tree (at leasat I think it was a Wilow). I get a scratchy sound but the VDI numbers were like on a music scale - they started low and climbed into the dig me numbers. Then the VDIs
went back down. I turned 90 degrees and the same thing - so I decided to dig and boy was I surprised, as I opened the plug I see some dirt with a silver spot fall to the bottom of the hole. I hit it with the PP and then pushed some dirt off of it and took a photo. I was so excited, I felt like a little kid again. It was a merc. I had tried to call Joe over but he was a little far away and couldn't hear me. Then and I didn't know it - my PP hit anther coin in the dirt pile - man so cool another merc! Wow what luck.
Now I finally give a real good shout to Joe and that got his attention. So we chatted a little and decided to give it about another 30 minutes in this spot before we try another place. So I did a little harder and dug some iron nails but then I hit a thin silver ring with four small purple stones. The ring is so thin the band broke off in our hands.
No brag, please just happy - The coins are1943 and 1944 - other clad and junk items not shown.

Again thanks to Joe for getting me out today!

Best of luck to all,

Tony
Congratulations Tony!! 2 in the same hole is fabulous! And MERCS!!! Nice catch on both and the silver ring to top off the day. I am glad you are getting the hang of the machine and look forward to other great finds! Also very happy that you were able to get together with Joe! If you see him tell him I said hello! And to post something too!

Ed
Way to go Big T !!!! A twofer on the mercs and a silver ring and you heard from Joe. While I understand that life happens , I have missed his posts and some of his nice finds.
It's awesome to see the new machine hit some great finds , I know more are coming.
HH
Pat
Awesome! Awesome!!
One for both mercurys! Coin spill!!!
(05-04-2018 07:56 PM)Ohio Dirt Fisher Wrote: [ -> ]Congratulations Tony!! 2 in the same hole is fabulous! And MERCS!!! Nice catch on both and the silver ring to top off the day. I am glad you are getting the hang of the machine and look forward to other great finds! Also very happy that you were able to get together with Joe! If you see him tell him I said hello! And to post something too!

Ed
Ed, thank you! What a surprise for sure.
Yes, I am getting a feel for the machine but still feel there is much more to learn, as with any new electronic device that comes out lately, even cell phones, LOL.
Hopefully Joe will chime in on this post and if not no worries at all. If we get out together again in the near future (before the heat of the summer hits) then I will let him know
to post some stuff.
I think we all, enjoyed his comments when he was posting.

Tony

[quote='Digsit' pid='43242' dateline='1525478839']
Way to go Big T !!!! A twofer on the mercs and a silver ring and you heard from Joe. While I understand that life happens , I have missed his posts and some of his nice finds.
It's awesome to see the new machine hit some great finds , I know more are coming.
HH
Pat
Pat, thank you. Yeah just crazy a twofer - I never expected it, and that is always the case - stuff happens when you least expect it.

I miss Joe's posts as well, but he is busy with work and family. He was fun to detect with, good conversation and ideas, as we all have experienced on this site in the past.

Tony

(05-04-2018 09:38 PM)ohioturkeyhunter Wrote: [ -> ]Awesome! Awesome!!
One for both mercurys! Coin spill!!!

OTH, that is funny....thank you and thank you!
It was a real fun find, as I said in earlier post - it made me feel like a kid again.

Tony
Nice results Tony. These days a single silver is a very good outing, but two in one day in the same plug----outstanding! And Mercs too; that's extra good.
Thank you Shade, that certainly is a first for me. Just good luck on the amount of coins in that hole.

The separation of the Impact in DI4 mode was able to give a good report in both directions.

Tony
Reference URL's