Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: What kind of button is this
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It has a metal (rusty) back. Non ferrous front
Hello OTH: While waiting for the lottery results to come in I took a quick look to see if I could find anything resembling your button. There are quite a few exact items on Etsy and other sites dealing in vintage buttons. Looks like typical 50's-70's English made buttons for general use on coats and blazers and other garments. The motto on the bottom is supposed to mean "let us be judged by our acts". Since I don't get out to search for the real things anymore, I had fun searching on the web. Also, I didn't win anything with my lottery ticket.
I didn't have any idea on the button , but Shade stepped up and educated us. That is a fun find.
Sorry you didn't win Shade , I have the same problem with my lottery picks . Tongue
HH
Pat
Thanks Pat,
I had no idea on how to search “lions standing up buttons”!
It looked like a family crest or something! I knew it was newer with the metal back. I got this from an old 1800’s 2 room school house that my grandma and grandpa used to own. It has been renovated and has a lady living in it. I’ve played in, on, around and under this old school house all my childhood days. I know it’s been hit hard but I had to try it!

Sorry about your lottery tickets! You know the saying....”if at first you don’t succeed, try, try again!”
Good luck
I forgot to thank shade for the research!! Like I told Pat, I had no idea on how to search those lions Shade! You always seem to be on it!!
I was reading and trying to reply this morning sitting in the turkey woods before daylight, waiting for one to gobble!
Good luck on the turkeys.
Thanks
Cool button find. Great info on the button, lottery and turkey hunting.

I enjoyed reading all the posts.

Tony
Great find on that button! And congrats on the Turkey! When we put up a new cyclone fence to protect the kids from the passing trains the Turkey were beside themselves running up and down along the 1100 ft fence trying to figure a way through for weeks on end in the Spring and Fall. They eventually figured it out! I never got pics of that but I did get pics of them trying to figure out how to get past the ball keeper snow fence we put up!

Ed
When it comes to fences, sometimes they could be so stupid trying to find a way through when all they have to do is fly over
Reference URL's