Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: New site with a Rev War surprise!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
A friend and I hit an old site (1850s) and like so many times before, found an even older site that no one knew existed. We were only at the oldest spot for a total of 20 minutes before we had to split, but got some nice keepers! A couple of tombac buttons, ball button, weird 2 piece button, roached Indian head penny, George III counterfeit, musket trigger guard end piece and the creme a la creme, a rev war navy coat button
Old goodies for sure. Congrats!
Congratulations Relic! Cool finds for sure.

How do you know it’s a counterfeit? Is the weight off?

Tony
Wow Revolutionary War , not something we see posted often. Was that button on a Red coat or a Blue one? I have not knowingly had the experience of digging a counterfeit coin. That is cool as well.
We missed your posts during your hiatus , it is great to see you hitting the great ones again.
HH
Pat
Nice haul there RM Yes
Thanks guys. Good to be back! You can tell the coin is a counterfeit just by looking at it. The word "georgius" seems off compared to the legit version. It just doesn't look right...even the bust and the surface. In regards to the button, I would think red coat.
Thanks RM , I don't know much about Revolutionary War relics , my area was a vast wilderness back then. Just the Native Americans doing their thing.
I love getting educated by the finds others post.
Pat
Cleaned up and waxed
I'm a bit like Digsit; don't know a great deal about the older buttons but I sure like to see them when you, MRH, and others post them up for us to see. And so often you find the old coins to go along with the buttons. The navy button is a great prize; real nice find! I sure hope you plan on getting back that oldest site real soon. Gotta be more nice stuff there.
Congrats on the counterfeit as that's a very hard coin to find but that Navy coat button is the standout! If you dug up that much stuff in 20 minutes imagine what could be there that's still lurking underground! Great hunt Relic!

Ed
Reference URL's