Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Spanish silver triple play!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Back to the navy button hole for another morning dig. I decided to focus on the mound that used to me the house site. Man am I ever glad I did!! I dug a few crusty coppers and some tombac buttons. They are all plain unfortunately. Now, for the silver. The first signal was a weird one. First target out of the hole was a homemade fishing sinker, then a nail, then a 1738 one reale! Next up was a nice 1758 2 reales, again, shrouded with iron. Finally, I got a beautiful clean tone under a dead tree. Out pops a 1774 2 reales!!! This is my second best Spanish hunt ever! Can't wait to go back and dig some more.
Nice saves Yes
FABULOUS! I am so happy that you found those Relic! Man that is a day that will never be forgotten. I'd hammer that place until there was another big hole in the ground! If you can do this in an iron infested site, think of what could be there!!!!! WTG!

WHAT MACHINE WERE YOU USING!

Ed
That is amazing!!! I don’t believe I will ever find Spanish silver and your popping them out like wheatie!!
Haha yeah I'm lucky enough to live in an area with a long history. This site is a raised square (20'x30') with a raised mound on top of that where the house was. I've found that the oldest sites I've seen in my area were raised rather than sunken foundations. The plan is to dig out the mound and sift the soil. It will take all summer and into the fall, but I think the results will be worth it. There's potential for alot more coins, buttons and bottles.
That would be so awesome to do
AMAZING! I had to reread your post , 3 Spanish silvers from the eighteenth century in one hunt has me dumbfounded. They are beautiful coins , thank you for sharing them with us. If anything can still be put on the banner a group picture of these needs to be there.Yes
HH
Pat
Very nice indeed, congratulations! Wow, you are onto a terrific spot.

Best of luck,

Tony
Thank you folks. I have a video going up soon. Probably in a few days when I get home.
(05-12-2018 08:19 PM)Digsit Wrote: [ -> ]AMAZING! I had to reread your post , 3 Spanish silvers from the eighteenth century in one hunt has me dumbfounded. They are beautiful coins , thank you for sharing them with us. If anything can still be put on the banner a group picture of these needs to be there.Yes
HH
Pat
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's