Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: #23 FTY! And Mosquitoes ARE HUNGRY!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Only had another 1.5 hours after a late Dr.'s appointment (routine), and forgot to put on the bug spray as I was in a hurry. I found a lot of silver in this park a while back and it's close to the Doc's office so I gave it a whirl. Did the iron/trash scenario for a bit low and slow in the grass where I found a lot of wheats and decided, with an hour left, to go run into the woods and do along the opposite side of a trail where I found some silver prior. Wasn't 100' down the trail when I hit this tone that wouldn't give up. Could only eek out a 3-27, 4-27 on the digital but tone was magnificent! You see it in the pic, under a root after I pinpointed and swept the mud out. At 6" deep. And a Barber to boot! Oldest coin I've ever found there was a 1916 P Merc. Afterward dug a bolt about 2" long and 1/2 inch thick 8 inches away that sounded so good I had to dig it. The one pic of the back of the dime is out of focus because I was to busy lighting cigarettes and swatting the skeeters to really care! They got me 5 times on my forearms! Little buggers!

GL & HH out there and HAVE FUN! (Swatting SKEETERS!)

Ed
That’s a real good looking barber!!
Ed, how could you! Just when I had you pegged for a Merc a day, you go and up the ante. What gamesmanship! Seriously now; congrats on a really nice coin-love the Barber style.
(05-18-2018 11:23 AM)shadeseeker Wrote: [ -> ]Ed, how could you! Just when I had you pegged for a Merc a day, you go and up the ante. What gamesmanship! Seriously now; congrats on a really nice coin-love the Barber style.

HA! I thought it might be a worn Merc when I hit the signal! I was pleasantly surprised! Ya just never know! Thanks! 4 wheats today and no silver. But I was really tired after work. Rain all weekend. No

Ed
Ed, your right, “you never know”, congratulations on #23 and a ton of mosquitoe bites, ouch#@#@#&$+%little buggers.
Tony
Ed, for the yearHappy it is in wonderful condition. congratsHappy
Nice save Ed Yes
Reference URL's