Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: #24, Back to the Merc Picnic Area!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Had a go at it today after work. Got a 35 Wheat first. I became hopeful at that point. Real low and real slow. Gain at 9, 24 sense and 24 Iron mask. Nothing for an hour and a half, with the exception of NAILS!, I know what the place was long ago, but it sure wasn't a NAIL FACTORY! So got a real iffy signal among all the iron and dance around it with different settings for about 5 minutes before I dug. BINGO! Right on target at 8" down! Also, out of curiosity I dug all the signals around the target which turned out to be 1 ringed pulltab, 1 about #14 finishing nail and one of those real old style pulltabs from the early 60's. All were within about 2" of the Merc at the bottom sides of the hole. Then I got a real good iffy again about 2 feet away but couldn't hold onto it at all. I dug 4 plugs in a cloverleaf pattern and nothing. Maybe just real deep iron. Then along came a 48D wheat about 6 feet away. You got to understand this guys, I've been over this same ground more times than I can remember. And maybe it was the settings, maybe the swing, or maybe just stopping on every high tone and listening. I personally can't believe I found this. This park is hunted DAILY! By guys with Etracs, Deus's and AT Pro's to name a few. I'm not tooting my own horn but like the old timer told me years ago about this park, it was LOADED with silver in the 70's and 80's.

But they didn't get it all.YesBeerBeerBeer

Wheats not shown!

GL & HH out there and have fun!

Ed
Nice work Ed!
(05-23-2018 09:26 PM)MichiganRelicHunter Wrote: [ -> ]Nice work Ed!

Thanks MRH! And it is work. I don't cover anywhere near the ground I used to cover. Just slowly move along on areas that may have promise. It's a rich target environment. Chuckle

Ed
Real nice job sniffing out the elusive silver Ed, and another very fine Mercury too. Quite a streak you are on! If you want to toot that horn, go right ahead; the results you produce come with a few bragging rights.
Yeah, that is nice work Ed! WTG!
(05-24-2018 07:27 AM)shadeseeker Wrote: [ -> ]Real nice job sniffing out the elusive silver Ed, and another very fine Mercury too. Quite a streak you are on! If you want to toot that horn, go right ahead; the results you produce come with a few bragging rights.

Thanks Shade! I was over that ground again today and hit that iffy spot again. Zip! Did manage to eek out a 41 and 1950 wheat, for 3 hours. This hobby has become tougher than I thought at the very beginning. But also more of a challenge.

Ed

(05-25-2018 01:36 PM)Bigtony Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, that is nice work Ed! WTG!

Thank you Tony! Now I know how exited you feel when you come upon the tone! Have a great holiday weekend!

Ed
Ed, yeah the "Tone" is what we wait for!

The very best to all those who served and a special thanks to those who gave their lives to keep us free!
Reference URL's