Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: More from the 1700s
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
A friend and I got together for what was supposed to be a full day of digging. Unfortunately, the weather didn't feel like cooperating, so a late afternoon/evening hunt had to scratch the itch...and scratch we did! The May flies were insane! I don't remember ever seeing them this bad, especially along the shores of Atlantic Canada. It was a fight to the finish, but landed a few keepers. 7 buttons, including one roached pewter, musketball, blank cut copper coin, 1792 Camac Kyan & Camac Dublin conder token and a Silver WWII pin (Army Navy Productivity Award) from another site. Happy to leave with a fist full of goodies, even if we lost a pint of blood in the process. Happy
Excellent hunt enduring the critters and some real great finds for the effort! Congrats on all! Yes

Ed
Nice saves RM Yes
Bugs or no bugs, I have a feeling you're going to have a great detecting summer. Those old sites will really pay off once you hit them thoroughly. Your 1792 token is a very nice find and prompted me to do some brush-up reading on the Conder coins/tokens. Fascinating subject. Have you found others?
(05-24-2018 06:09 PM)shadeseeker Wrote: [ -> ]Bugs or no bugs, I have a feeling you're going to have a great detecting summer. Those old sites will really pay off once you hit them thoroughly. Your 1792 token is a very nice find and prompted me to do some brush-up reading on the Conder coins/tokens. Fascinating subject. Have you found others?

Yes I've found a few others over the past couple of years, one being counterstamped. So far, I have an Anglesey Mines Druid, Inverness (counterstamped) and the Dublin Hibernia Mining Company. I like finding them and doing the research as well. It wouldn't hurt for me to brush up on them too lol.
Nice finds Relic Medic, WTG!
Reference URL's