Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: colonial silver spoon
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I dug the bowl to this handle last week and I wasn't very confident that I would find the handle. Well, I found it! The hallmarks were a bit tricky, but I nailed it down. The lion makes it London .925 silver. The date code puts it 1802. The bust of King George III also puts it in that date range and the makers mark is legible. The spoon was made by Peter, Anne and William Bateman in 1802.
Cool find. Great job on the research to date it.
Great Research! Those sterling utensils are sometimes very hard to ID. Glad to see yours had clear hallmarks and congrats on mating the 2 pieces up!

Ed
Back together again
I have to give you a large amount of credit. Making it whole again and researching the Hall marks.
“Congratulation your hired”

Tony
Super good job Medic. And some thorough research again, as is the standard for your work. Bet you were thrilled to see the handle and since you had just found the bowl I guess you were pretty sure of the match?
(06-01-2018 08:50 AM)shadeseeker Wrote: [ -> ]Super good job Medic. And some thorough research again, as is the standard for your work. Bet you were thrilled to see the handle and since you had just found the bowl I guess you were pretty sure of the match?

Oh yeah there's no question it was from the same spoon. The bowl had a short piece of handle with a hand cut pattern...and it matches the handle. Going to get it professionally restored. The makers are the kids of a prominent and world renowned colonial silversmith, so it will be worth the cost
Reference URL's