Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Makro Multi Kruzer Find on an Old Farm!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
1870s House/Property

Nobody's lived in it for a couple decades but it's maintained by the family/trust.

Got permission from owners and dug this piece next to a burned out/fallen down small barn in the trees to the right in picture.

Multi Kruzer with 7" Concentric coil -- 4 or 5" deep -- sounded broken/sorta like flat iron but kept giving good tone one way and reading solid 84/85 on screen.

Both wings were slightly bent but I'm not complaining and I straightened them upon returning home Yes

[Image: 23u7czb.jpg]

[Image: ix6znl.jpg]

Incase anyone wants to know what the piece is: According to the U.S. Army/History/Military website it's an 1872 Shako/Helmet Plate as shown in the pic below.

[Image: n1xx5k.jpg]
Fabulous find MRH! Yes They weren't kidding around when they made helmet plates back then! Looks like a great site to hit more often!

Ed
You have uncovered yet another stunning piece MRH. In great shape too---thank God they made those ornamentals of brass. I'm with Ed, get back there soon and let's see what else is waiting to be found.
Wayne, wow a period piece from that home, outstanding. Congratulations, it’s a beauty!

Tony
You find the coolest stuff!! Can’t wait to see more
Reference URL's