Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Can't seem to get any silvers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Today, I tried a site where I found a large cent that had three numbers in the date. Today I found another large but not date and worn very thin.

Best of luck to all,

Tony
Great find anyway Tony! Yes Sometimes I go weeks without silvers. Then I hit a silver streak for a couple weeks and then again, nothing.

Lot of factors involved. Am I too tired to hunt, am I beating up the old ground too much, am I using the wrong settings for this area, AM I swinging to fast, am I passing up signal??? And numerous other self evaluating questions.

They come. I know they are out there and that it's sometimes so frustrating getting none, because of the effort, but somehow I know somewhere along the line they'll be there. Some days I don't even know why I'm out there. Those are the days I find ZIP! I guess it has something to do with Karma, or the power of positive thinking or something. On those days when I do find silver, I've noticed that I'm kind of "zoned" in. Especially in areas like I hunt, where the prospects are pretty slim to zero. Not new permissions or abandoned lots, but areas that were hunted to death.

So keep the faith there BigT!

Ed
Thanks Ed.
I agree. Staying positive gives you an edge for sure. Sometime you just get a feeling and turn right or left and bang you get a real good target.

Thanks for the pep talk, I needed that one!

Tony
(06-07-2018 06:54 PM)Bigtony Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks Ed.
I agree. Staying positive gives you an edge for sure. Sometime you just get a feeling and turn right or left and bang you get a real good target.

Thanks for the pep talk, I needed that one!

Tony

YesYesYesYesYes
Every time that you go out, you one hunt closer to finding silver! You know your gonna find it, just don’t know when.
OTH, ain’ t that the truth, we never know what we will find.

That is what makes this a crazy hobby.

Thanks for those kind words

Tony
Like all participants in any hobby or sport, detectorists go through dry spells too, and those silverless episodes tend to get us down. Hang in and keep trying BigT; I've looked back over some of your finds from earlier years and I see that you are too good with the detector to go without silver for very long. Detecting in a metro area is a tough job and I think you just need some fresh ground. Best wishes.
You are right Shade, fresh ground sounds like a good prescription for the no silver blues. I'll take two and call in the morning.

Thanks for the uplifting thoughts.

Tony
Reference URL's