Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Got the Excal II out
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Only had 1-1/2hr to go water hunting and got 1quarter and 5 pennies, only brought home 4 pennies, a little girl wanted one I dug beside her, and a .925 sterling ring.
Congrats on getting out in the water. Yes That's one way to stay cool in the weather we have! Nice ring! Happy Check out Nataliya V Collister's (NVC) for some info!

Ed
Detecting in the water sounds mighty nice right now as I deal with southern heat and humidity. That little ring is a real charmer and I know someone was sad to see it lost.
Good call on catching the NVC logo Ed. Some nice stuff from Nataliya!
OTH, nice going that is a cool looking ring, congratulations!

Tony
Ya know OTH, on the backend of this, the Excal only uses tone. And I think that deserves another round of applause. Yes

I can't even imagine not looking for the VID! Another congrats from a grounder!

Ed
(06-15-2018 10:55 PM)Ohio Dirt Fisher Wrote: [ -> ]Ya know OTH, on the backend of this, the Excal only uses tone. And I think that deserves another round of applause. Yes

Ed

Yea you can’t use VDI numbers when your detector is under kid stirred up waters. I really like the excal for this. You just have to learn the sounds of it. It used a threshold hum which I don’t use on my land machines. There is a slight “re-learning” curve.
nice idea of going out in the water, great way to cool off with the heat we are getting here in southern Ontario. nice interesting ring!
(06-16-2018 06:28 AM)ohioturkeyhunter Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-15-2018 10:55 PM)Ohio Dirt Fisher Wrote: [ -> ]Ya know OTH, on the backend of this, the Excal only uses tone. And I think that deserves another round of applause. Yes

Ed

Yea you can’t use VDI numbers when your detector is under kid stirred up waters. I really like the excal for this. You just have to learn the sounds of it. It used a threshold hum which I don’t use on my land machines. There is a slight “re-learning” curve.

OTH, threshold is a plus in some circumstances and a curse in others. It's standard on the SE pro and I keep it really low in quiet areas and up one notch above just hearing it in trashy areas. I've read Sabichs's book and the manual about it several times and It has it's uses. Those engineers put it there for a reason, but sometimes I wonder why.
Reference URL's