Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Been a while, but still got it.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have been working two part time jobs and the heat around here justwent from 100 to 108 overnight. I went detecting yesterday at 5am with my friend Paul, we went and hit the trail for a few hours, all I foundwas a sterling silver saddle concho, looks to be 100 years old and a lilittle bit bigger than a half dollar. We left the trail and tried our luck atthe park. I dug 16 quarters, 23 dimes, 7 nickels, 63 cooper mems and17 zincs. We left the park after 2.5 hours and drove around looking for a lot and found one, over in the bad part of town. We stayed for onlyan hour. I dug six wheats 34-56 and a 46-s Rosie also a 1954 Canada cent.. That now puts meat 34 silver coins for the year. Thanks for lookin!
Leo, you have me by a mile in coins and detecting in the heat! You have some stamina for sure.
Cool finds again, relics and history is your game....keep it up, I like it!
But I see you are a coin hunter like me and you even beat me in that department today. I found 2.03 and you beat me by several dollars.....
Tony
PS; maybe you know what the iron relic is that I found today?

(06-20-2018 10:34 PM)leo aranza Wrote: [ -> ]I have been working two part time jobs and the heat around here justwent from 100 to 108 overnight. I went detecting yesterday at 5am with my friend Paul, we went and hit the trail for a few hours, all I foundwas a sterling silver saddle concho, looks to be 100 years old and a lilittle bit bigger than a half dollar. We left the trail and tried our luck atthe park. I dug 16 quarters, 23 dimes, 7 nickels, 63 cooper mems and17 zincs. We left the park after 2.5 hours and drove around looking for a lot and found one, over in the bad part of town. We stayed for onlyan hour. I dug six wheats 34-56 and a 46-s Rosie also a 1954 Canada cent.. That now puts meat 34 silver coins for the year. Thanks for lookin!
Boy the saddle conch does look old! That is an awesome find!!! Congratulations!!
Great find on the saddle concho Leo! It looks vintage. Sounds like the heat is going to be a problem. Nice catch on the #34 Rosie too!

Ed
Wondered where you were Leo. Good to see you on the board again and yes, you've still "got it". The saddle ornament is a stunning piece of silver work and a real neat find.
Reference URL's