Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Into The Pines in 95F Weather! Strange Find!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I don't know if you could call this a bucket list item, but it rang up just like a huge bottle screw cap at the strongest 7-25, 7-26 I've ever seen. Thinking it may be a class ring was I surprised when I finally got it out of the hole. A small cremation urn!!!!! Ahhh, I thought, it's brass, that's where the signal #'s came from. I tried to clean it up a bit to see if it had any engraving but I couldn't find any. Well, I felt whoever put it there did for a reason, so I put it back in the hole, reburied it and silently said a prayer.

I've been through this area many times and finally landed at an area about a mile from the RAV where I had found some Rosies and a few wheats. First I found what I thought was another watch but turned out to be a little pendant Girl Scout compass. I'll have to look this one up to give me a clue as to age.

The wheats this trip were very hit and miss except for four of them being in one dig. There were nine total but the only dates I can get are 49 D, 51D and a 57D. Other than that they are pretty toasted.

I also dug some modern change near the edges of the trail and some in the woods near pulltabs and can tops. By the 3rd hour I had run out of water, the towel was drying out and working a Pine Forest in this heat, was literally craving a cigarette badly, as I left them back at the RAV just to be on the safe side.

So GL & HH out there and HAVE FUN! Even in this heat, it's doable! But you can't push it. Take your time and don't overtax your body.

Ed
Of all the odd and unlikely things you might encounter with a metal detector, I would think a funeral urn would have to be near the top of the list. Neat find though, and very classy of you to put it back into the earth with the respect it deserves. You don't have to worry about staying cool Ed; you are cool!
OMG Ed, that is a crazy find. So as we all say "you never know what you are going to find"!

Crazy but cool find for sure. Cool amount of wheat cents in one dig, congratulations on all of those cents!

Tony
LoL

cool find Ed but that may be an old "spitoon"!
(07-02-2018 02:28 PM)MichiganRelicHunter Wrote: [ -> ]LoL

cool find Ed but that may be an old "spitoon"!

LOL! Thanks but it was way too small MRH. And I know what they look like. Here's the one that I keep of my late wife. My three boys have similar, but different styles of their choosing. This was a modern one though because I found what looks like a nylon screw plug at the bottom for fill. But it could be somebodies dog who enjoyed the trails up there. I'll never know.

Ed
Reference URL's