Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Holy smokes! A cob!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I went to my old haunt; the Colonial Beach, for a little bit this morning with a friend. This place has been hit by other people, so targets are not as plentiful as they used to be. This was actually the first target I dug, and when I saw it, I thought it was a numbered pewter regiment button. Boy was I wrong! (Not that I wouldn't do the happy dance for a nice rev war button). Late 1600s I'd say Happy
Congrats Relic! That's one rare find! I did a short search and most of the ones out there come from shipwrecks. You may be onto something in that area! Do you think you'll be able to target it's date. It looks similar to one or two I saw in the search. Fabulous find!

Ed
Thanks Ed! Someone said its likely very early 1700s. I sent an email to a cob identification guru and hopefully I'll hear back soon. Either way, it's still my oldest coin lol. Here's a pic of it cleaned up a bit

I got this Victorian buckle too. I thought for sure it was another spectacle buckle, until I turned it over.
That's a fabulous find Medic, way to go! I don't know beans about cobs, so like Ed I tried to read up a bit. Do you know what denomination that cob represents and what die might have been used in the strike? How's your diving training going---do you think you might dive off the beach in search for more finds like that? I sure hope so.
(07-17-2018 08:02 AM)shadeseeker Wrote: [ -> ]That's a fabulous find Medic, way to go! I don't know beans about cobs, so like Ed I tried to read up a bit. Do you know what denomination that cob represents and what die might have been used in the strike? How's your diving training going---do you think you might dive off the beach in search for more finds like that? I sure hope so.

I have to admit that I didnt know much about them either. I do know that it is a half reale cob. I still haven't received an email back from the professionals, so I'll have to wait for die identification and date. My dive training was put on hold for a while due to financial issues. It will be august before I'll have enough money saved up to start the course. Divorce is very expensive! Lol
RelicMedic, congratulations on that very cool find!
Fantastic score!! Congrats!
Excellent Yes
Reference URL's