Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Pits lately.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Have nothing to report but I'd thought I'd check in. Got the AT Pro back from my nephew who's been too busy to use it as he's in an intern program with a contractor in heating and AC through his VoEd school. He's been busy. Bravo for the kid. One less student loan to worry about. Weather really sucks between down pouring rain and that heat lamp in the sky which boils water and turns up the humidity! One day there was actually steam coming off the Walmart parking lot so bad, people, including me, couldn't see to drive. Asphalt jungle is no joke. I feel for you guys out East in the big cities. Got out a few times with nothing but clad and trash, trying newer settings. Mosquitoes are horrendous. Got bit about 12 times in 15 minutes at my last stop today in a grassy park. I'm allergic to mosquitoes big time. Start itching all over. I have a very active immune system that does not quit. Didn't use spray because I "thought" I'd be okay in grass. Keep a bottle of Allergy Relief in the car to stop the itching. Takes 15 minutes but works. Been a ridiculous summer overall. Dog was sick for all this week with a stomach virus. Stayed in bed with me the whole week. No sleep. Big "to do" at work. Everything had to be perfect. Irrigation leaking so bad in one spot I had to turn the whole system off in the meter vault. Hopefully fix it next week with T storms looming. Good news was I got fed up at work and told them if they wanted to keep me I needed a raise. And I got it. (Thanks Shade! Yes ) Which was nice and 3 years overdo.

Hopefully the weather will cool and I'll get to put some clothes on to combat the bloody vampire mosquitoes and spray myself up and get to real detecting out there in those woods. I'm sure you guys got the same problem down South, up there in Canada land (Cool sweet summer!) and over there in the Big Apple and the Garden State this summer. I'm just venting here. Miserable summer so far. GRRRRRRRR.........

Hope all is well and keep the faith!

Ed
Hello and good to hear from you again. I was beginning to wonder if you might have been ill lately. First and most importantly, congrats on your well deserved raise! Next I think your summer is probably typical for many of us, unfortunately. I am over 70 and I don't think I have ever sen the mosquitoes so bad. If I pause for more than just a minute in the yard I can see swarms of the little blood suckers circling and biting me. I can remember when I was younger that it was only after darkness began to settle in that a person had to be concerned about bug bites. We used to spend many pleasant hours sitting in the shade on summer days with no mosquitoes at all. I think it has to do with the aggressive tiger mosquitoes introduced from Asia a couple of decades ago. Anyway, I hope you can tough it out til cooler weather arrives, and in the mean time, spray up and find some silver for us to see.
Congrats on the raise!!

Too hot for me. Summer shutdown on the detecting. Keeping to the riding which is tough in the heat sometimes as well.

Just finished a 3 day trip down pacific coast highway. Was in the 60's all along the coast--was a nice break from the triple digits inland.
(07-22-2018 09:49 AM)shadeseeker Wrote: [ -> ]Hello and good to hear from you again. I was beginning to wonder if you might have been ill lately. First and most importantly, congrats on your well deserved raise! Next I think your summer is probably typical for many of us, unfortunately. I am over 70 and I don't think I have ever sen the mosquitoes so bad. If I pause for more than just a minute in the yard I can see swarms of the little blood suckers circling and biting me. I can remember when I was younger that it was only after darkness began to settle in that a person had to be concerned about bug bites. We used to spend many pleasant hours sitting in the shade on summer days with no mosquitoes at all. I think it has to do with the aggressive tiger mosquitoes introduced from Asia a couple of decades ago. Anyway, I hope you can tough it out til cooler weather arrives, and in the mean time, spray up and find some silver for us to see.

That's what I remember too Shade! I spent many a summer at my grandfathers place in PA during my summers and never even remember being bitten, and that was running around up in the mountains with my brother and cousins all day! I've got a lot of stuff going at work so I'm going to back off detecting for a while and concentrate on work. I think this is the worst July I can ever remember!

Ed

(07-22-2018 04:55 PM)Ron (CA) Wrote: [ -> ]Congrats on the raise!!

Too hot for me. Summer shutdown on the detecting. Keeping to the riding which is tough in the heat sometimes as well.

Just finished a 3 day trip down pacific coast highway. Was in the 60's all along the coast--was a nice break from the triple digits inland.

NICE ride Ron! Yes If I were a biker I'd probably go get lost as well. And the Pacific Coast Highway, from what I know, is one hell of a way to do it!

Ed
Ed, congratulations on the raised, yoiu certainly deserve one.
Those buggers are tough for sure. I remember as a child the mosquitoes were so bad they came around with a bug spray Jeep that pulled along a fog blower. We were not told it was bad for you so we rode our bikes behind that spray wagon, man we were just kids. Z
The stuff worked and the bugs subsided.
Anytime I go into the woods or parks and I know bugs are out I use spray on my pant legs and shoes.

Dirt fishing here is tough. As I said I try to hunt after a good rain but lately I made one trip to the beach. Plenty of clad and junk jewerly but I enjoyed getting out.

Hang in there -

Tony
(07-22-2018 04:55 PM)Ron (CA) Wrote: [ -> ]Congrats on the raise!!

Nice ride, Ron! Reminds me of that Geico commercial where the bowlers are waiting on their teammate, but he hightailed it to the mountains to cruise lol. But where do you put the detector??? Tongue
Reference URL's