Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: The rain sure helped dirt fishing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Finally we had a good amount of rain the last few days. I was able to hunt the last three days while the ground stayed moist. This evening they said more on the way but we will see about that.

No silver coins for me - plenty of clad the first two days as the weather was cloudy and cool then humid and hot in early evening.

Today I scored a silver Lion Head ring which was a pleasant surprise because the machine indicated quarter but hey - I am not complaining at all.

Best of luck to all.

Tony
Nice catch on a beautiful ring Tony! I'd heard you guys in Jersey were getting some rain and that's a good thing for July. It's been real sporadic here and mostly big dumps of 1 and 2 inches every four or five days with stifling humidity during the interim! So glad you could get out and show us a great find!

Ed
That is an awesome ring!!! Cool find!!
That's a stunning ring Tony and a hefty amount of silver. Glad you are on the hunt again and getting results.
Thanks Ed.
Yeah here too - the humidity in between the rain storms was very bad.
The weather made me choose this park, it’s along the water. That area is cooler but still I stayed under the trees.
There is also a sand volley ball area which is super easy to dig anytime.

BEst of luck,

Tony

(07-27-2018 07:39 PM)Ohio Dirt Fisher Wrote: [ -> ]Nice catch on a beautiful ring Tony! I'd heard you guys in Jersey were getting some rain and that's a good thing for July. It's been real sporadic here and mostly big dumps of 1 and 2 inches every four or five days with stifling humidity during the interim! So glad you could get out and show us a great find!

Ed

Thanks OTH. Yeah, it’s always cool to find silver rings.

Best of hunt,

Tony

(07-28-2018 09:55 PM)ohioturkeyhunter Wrote: [ -> ]That is an awesome ring!!! Cool find!!

Thank you Shade.
Yes, it is heavy but I don’t have a working scale. I plan on buying a new one soon.

Tony
(07-28-2018 11:36 PM)shadeseeker Wrote: [ -> ]That's a stunning ring Tony and a hefty amount of silver. Glad you are on the hunt again and getting results.
Reference URL's