Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Piecing together some Spanish
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Got out for a shoreline hunt and walked away with some goodies. There seems to be remnants of an old wharf that was just begging to be detected. Within the first few minutes, I pulled a copper that I didnt recognize. After a bit of cleaning, turns out to be an 1816 EIN KREUZER
Shortly after that, I got a mid tone and saw a half moon shape in the hole. Spanish! It looked like a cut 2 reale. Further on down the line I was working, I had another solid mid-high tone.. another piece of a 2 reale. It wasn't until after the hunt that my buddy noticed that they fit perfectly together.
Hit a nice little high tone on the beach across from the wharf and pulled a gorgeous 1853 seated half dime
Also dug a handful of musketballs and found a huge copper on the surface. Not sure what it is yet. I got out again this morning with a buddy and hit an old field. Managed a few keepers. KGIII, roached copper and a sweet tombac crotal bell. Thanks for looking folks!
These still pics of the cleaned-up finds are a nice recap for the live action video. Great stroke of luck on piecing together the Spanish coin. All the items are remarkable, but I must admit being partial to the little bell. I'm looking forward to more good recoveries and hope you'll revisit both areas soon.
WTG Relic! That is what I call a clean up hunt! 2 pieces of a 2 real that fit! Man you are lucky! And the 1853 half dime IN CANADA! Congrats on all. I have to say that you probably just scratched the surface of that site!

Ed
I'd like to think there is a ton more around there. I plan on hunting it until the pack ice moves in, so I have lots of time yet. Heading out to a couple of islands next week to see what's on the shores. Hopefully I'll have something to post!
RM, you have a good spot there, congratulations on those finds!

Best of luck in the future hunts!

Tony
Nice saves/good stuff RM Yes
Reference URL's