Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: #40 FTY! Screwy Signal! Silver Washington!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
One of those signals you can either take or leave. Great tone, little bit of 27,28, 29 VID, and sometimes 6-31. Can barely pinpoint it with the SE Pro. Hot on the settings as well. 26 Sense, 10 Gain, 16 IM. 11" Pro Coil. Danced around it for a good 4 or 5 minutes before I had to make the call. First plug nothing, carrot couldn't find anything even digging deeper and around the hole. Filled it in and did the dance again. Dug a new spot just next to it and now I'm getting signal on the carrot. And again, out in the tailings pops a 51D Washington. I can only guess that it was completely on edge and at least 7" deep; and about 3" outside the cone of my original dig. This is the same place I found the 2 Mercs in last week! I could see how I may have missed it because there are nails and Iron slag all over the place. I even threw 2 pieces of slag in my junk pouch!

The day was only around 80, 81F but the humidity was thick and oppressive without any wind. And the mosquitoes followed me all the way back to the car. So about 2.5 hours out today, with the grocery list from the wife growing by the minute! LOL!

GL & HH out there! It's still there! Keep hunting!

Sorry about the dig pic. Ground was soft from the torrential rain we had overnight and this morning. But this is the best pic I can offer. My apologies!

Ed
Congrats on your recent silvers and the qtr!!
Another tough one Ed, and your edge-on idea makes sense, as those signals can be squirrely. Just as I was getting accustomed to your string of dime finds you go and throw a quarter into the mix. Nice touch!
That is a beauty of a find, congratulations!

Best of luck,

Tony
Reference URL's