Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Colonial shoreline goodies
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I hit the shoreline where I found the cob and spectacle buckle. In one small section, everything is OLD and further down the beach is mostly Victorian era coins and relics. The tide was coming up quick, so I didnt have alot of time, but I made the most of it. I decided to detect the full length so I could dig enough targets to be satisfied. If I stuck to the oldest section, the finds are few and far between.
So the newest finds first; a gorgeous Victorian Railway button (1879-1904), a big brass sash buckle (maybe), pewter spoon handle and brass spoon handle.
The older items from the colonial section are; a couple of tombac buttons, ball button, and a really cool colonial spur
Nice finds Relic! Looks like your dating the past there well. That button is in great shape!

Ed
Relic, congratulations on those finds! A colonial spur, buckle and the button are all getting my juices flowing and wanting to dig!

Sand and beach give different VDI's but keep at it and see if odd numbers produce some stuff too.

Best of luck,

Tony
(08-10-2018 10:56 AM)Bigtony Wrote: [ -> ]Relic, congratulations on those finds! A colonial spur, buckle and the button are all getting my juices flowing and wanting to dig!

Sand and beach give different VDI's but keep at it and see if odd numbers produce some stuff too.

Best of luck,

Tony

On these shorelines, I dig everything that beeps. Right from foil numbers all the way up. Once the signals dry up, I'll start digging the iron out of there.
More real nice and very interesting finds again Medic. The railway button is winner for sure. You produce so many finds from a number of sites and I'm wondering if you can hit them at your leisure, or do you have to beat other hunters to the punch before a site gets wiped out. What's the competition like where you hunt?
(08-10-2018 01:11 PM)shadeseeker Wrote: [ -> ]More real nice and very interesting finds again Medic. The railway button is winner for sure. You produce so many finds from a number of sites and I'm wondering if you can hit them at your leisure, or do you have to beat other hunters to the punch before a site gets wiped out. What's the competition like where you hunt?

There is zero competition. My buddy and I have permission for a huge area. His friend and his friends family own most of the land along the water , which is an astronomical size. To put it into perspective, driving 40 miles an hour, it takes 15 minutes to get from one end to the other. At least 10 minutes of that drive is our permissions. The other 5 minutes of driving will pretty much hold our permissions for the next few years. We haven't asked yet, but we know 99% of it will be a yes.
Reference URL's