Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Mudlarking and metal detecting colonial shoreline
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Very interesting video. It's amazing how the marbles are so evident and can be just picked right up. What was there that accounts for all the material scattered about in such abundance? Your stepping on stones to keep from sinking reminds me of a site I hunt visually on the lake near me. An old grist mill was built unknowingly over an Indian village. When the water is low and the wind sends waves across the sand to wash things off, I can find arrow points, Indian pottery, broken bottles, and sometimes coins while stepping on the bricks and stones. I enjoyed the hunt with you.
Thanks alot! There were houses and possibly a drug store up on the land above this spot. The structures are gone and a big apartment complex sits there now. I think what I'm finding is the remains of their bottle dump. The dates on the bottles range from 1870s-1960s. I've found other things there with a metal detector, such as wheaties, 1940s canadian pennies, pocket watch parts and an 1812 half penny token.
That shoreline is both an ashame and awesome!
RelicMedic, that is one awesome place to look and detect for stuff. Congratulations on those finds and finding that place, very cool.

Is that low tide? Or is it just dry from lack of rainfall?

Tony
Mostly dry from lack of rainfall, but it is tidal as well. The ocean is an hour away, but when the tide comes up, it raises the river slightly
Very smart idea for detecting or eyeballing.

Very cool finds, congratulations again.

Tony
Reference URL's