Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: #41 FTY & Back to the Mercuries!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Seems to be getting redundant but, well, it's the first 1940 Merc I've found this year so what the heck!

Same park again. I've been out several times trying newer territory and not having any luck whatsoever. Go back to the Merc park and after testing various areas out I come upon an area where I found a few wheats years ago. I slow down and listen. I'm already in the hunt for about 2.5 hours and it's almost time to bug out and go home. I hit a signal and dig one, then another plug and out pops the Merc from about 5" down. I know you guys may think this is easy but I dug so much iron today it was ridiculous. Nails, wire, slag rocks. You hardly know what "to" and "not to" dig. This park used to be a campground of about 30 acres back beginning in the late 1920's. And the river floods the thing completely about every third Spring. Including this past Spring, and I had video on my old phone of that flood but the phone died, and I lost it when the phone kicked. Where I hunted today was under roiling muddy water 2 feet deep back in early April. Dry now. Even with the rain we've had the ground is crumbly.

GL & HH out there!

Ed/ODF
Looks like you've unearthed another another fine Merc Ed. It's surprising that so many of your recent finds have been of such good quality. It has been interesting to watch your silver count for the year edge steadily up while digging in such difficult territory.
WTG ED, you keep putting in the time and get a reward, congratulations on #41.

Tony
Reference URL's