Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: I worked hard today for this mercury dime
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Today I felt that I worked hard for this 1942 mercury dime. Hot, humid and the flies were biting not the mosquitoes.
I got a very jumpy signal at a good depth on the meter and a coin sound. I really didn't know if it was a silver but hope for the best.
I dug down about six or seven inches and then off to one side and a little deeper. I was rewarded with a cool surprise.

Best of luck to all,

Tony
It's good that you were rewarded for your efforts. This has been a pretty bad summer because of the heat, humidity and bugs and detecting is not pleasant in such conditions. Hard work makes the reward that much better. Enjoy your find!
Thank you Shade.
You are right, it’s the reward makes it worth it.

Stay well my friend,

Tony
Good job on the merc!!keep digging them up
Thanks OTH.
I wanted to travel to a beach but the weather was horrible, so I opted for the shade of large trees and it paid off.

Tony
Great catch on the Merc Tony! Those flies are atrocious here too! Sometimes worse than the mosquitoes! But the iffy signals matter. Ouch or not, you have to persevere! I cover myself so heavily with Cutter Backwoods that they hold their distance until the sweat and the rain washes it off. I take steaming hot showers to wash the stuff off when I land back at the ranch. Congrats on the great find. Keep em' coming! Fall is on it's way! THANK GOD!

Ed
Thank you Ed. Yeah I felt like it was a tough day out there, very soupy.

I have to pay close attention to get those iffy signals around here until the weather breaks so I can travel to new areas.

Best of luck,

Tony
Reference URL's