Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: 3 fer! # 42,43 & 44 FTY! 2 in one hole!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've gotten a number of silvers from this park and have covered all but the real trashy and high iron areas, just usually passing through them on my way to elsewhere. Today I decided that I have to take on the beast and FOCUS if I had any chance of finding anything among the null and repetitive high tone. The grass was pretty high in spots so I upped it to 28 sense with the SE Pro and 11" coil. And yeah, call me nuts for the 11" coil on those settings, but for some reason it works, noise, null and high tone. That's one of the things I like about the 11" Pro coil.

About a half hour in I get this really good high tone. I mean really good. VDI, VID, shows at times a 6-31, at others a 1-28, sometimes a 27 and a 24. I dance around the spot for a good four or five minutes trying to determine, via IM off, IM on, sensitivity adjustment, etc.... what this is and if it's a digger. I find a nominal centerpoint after bouncing the coil and doing the dance and decide to dig. Have a pinpoint target with the carrot at the 4 O'clock of the hole that's really strong and after pulling bits of aluminum foil out of the dig prior, dig that target and it's a 53 D Rosie! Check the hole and at exactly the same position have exactly the same carrot reaction. Put that Hori, Hori in higher and deeper into the same area and afer a good pull out pops a 56 Washington! At this point I am flabbergasted! Have run into many old timers who said the park was hunted out.

Continue on the quest and low and slow, checking out every high tone and digging a few nails and some beer bottle caps, cause ya never know, I come up on a 1-29 that will not go away no matter how I dance round and round. Dig a 6" diameter plug in some of the worst gravel and shale mix in dry ground I have ever done, and at the bottom of the dig sits a 44 Merc. Now I'm beyond flabbergasted, I'm stunned. I've walked through this area a dozen times on my way to somewhere else. Shows ya how much I know.

Low, slow, HOT AS HELL on settings, and let the frequencies of the SE PRO do the work.

GL & HH out there!

Ed/ODF
Congratulations Ed, you did very well!
Yeah, we have to listen and pay attention even when the bugs and heat are difficult to contend with.

Keep it up!

Best of luck,

Tony
(08-17-2018 11:09 PM)Bigtony Wrote: [ -> ]Congratulations Ed, you did very well!
Yeah, we have to listen and pay attention even when the bugs and heat are difficult to contend with.

Keep it up!

Best of luck,

Tony

Thanks Tony! You did well yourself! Hope you have a great Fall Season!

Ed
Great work one more time Ed, and a pretty impressive silver count that keeps on getting better! I never totally subscribed to the "completely hunted out" idea, but I may have to reassess; there's not going to be much left at many of these sites after you finish up.
(08-17-2018 11:24 PM)shadeseeker Wrote: [ -> ]Great work one more time Ed, and a pretty impressive silver count that keeps on getting better! I never totally subscribed to the "completely hunted out" idea, but I may have to reassess; there's not going to be much left at many of these sites after you finish up.

Thanks Shade! And I know what you mean by anything left. That haunts me to a certain degree. My nephew wanted to get into detecting and I was giving him the basics when he was 12 years old with the loan of my Delta 4000. He found a pile of Hot Wheels and Matchbox cars he lost in his backyard. He's still somewhat interested at age 18 and is starting to develop interests in other directions. As children do. But if he ever decided to go full detectorist, well, he'd have a great challenge at hand. But when you think about it, think it through, we're using technology that was invented in the late 1960's, basically EMF radio sensitivity developed for land mine detection that became consumer driven by the few that had the know how. From that blossomed a new generation of machines that were analog. From that blossomed a new generation of digital, portability and power.

What makes me think that the new generation of detectorists will succeed even greater than we do, in this day of struggle to find a target; is to watch a Starship, on a fanciful sci fi flick, scan a planet, or a unknown source of radio waves, and see what they are looking for, with exact accuracy.

You Shade, and all the people like myself, swinging our thingies, looking for targets, we and those before us, are just the beginning of the discovery you and I will never know.

Because it really is out there. You just have to find it. By any means possible. Which is where the machines we someday may use are going.

Ed/ODF
Ed, I know you wrote this to shade and I hate to take over another post but you are right, new things are a coming for this hobby and beyond.

Funny thing my son told me in his teens that he would go back to detecting when you can see the target on the screen before you dig.
Well check this out!

http://noktadetectors.com/invenio-metal-detector.asp

This company has developed a detector that scans the ground and gives you a computer display.
Price is very very high but it is interesting technology for sure.

Tony
You are quite right and welcome to add to the posts Tony. We are all friends here and eager to hear from each other. That is a great link you provided. I saw the same ad a week or so ago and thought it was fantastic. I'd love to have one, but it's way out of my budget.
I have often thought about what detectors of the future might offer and Ed's post got me going again last night. It always seemed to me that at some point manufacturers would come up with 3-D imaging, since we already have that in so many computer applications, so the Nokta technology follows that line. I also wonder if radar instead of electromagnetic fields might also become the standard, and in a big leap, how about something like a 3-D image outside the detector, (like Ed's spaceship analogy and the Star Trek holograms). Another type of search that piques my interest would be the use of sound to excite a metal object and then identify it based on it's vibrating response. Gold might not be masked among similar electromagnetic objects in this way. Just thinking out loud and wondering, like you and Ed, what might lie ahead.
Thanks for the info Tony! That is way cool! Remember 30 years ago cell phones were called bricks and cost $6,000 plus an enormous monthly fee. Maybe in 30 years these units will be a couple thousand! But I could use one now just to find the broken control wires for my irrigation at work!

Ed
Ed, chasing broken wires is a very difficult task. Now if they are underground that is another thing altogether.

Best of luck with that.

Tony
Reference URL's