Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Key date Matron saves the day
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Got out for a bit this morning before work. It was really slow going...for me anyways. While I was scouring the shoreline, my buddy dug an 1800s ring with a stone. It looks heavily gold plated but still a nice find. Then he digs an indian and gold enameled military pin. I should have stayed up by the cellar lol. I joined him and dug a 1909 LC. We moved sites, and found a few things. Pewter button and pewter spoon, a pouch full of grommets then finally, a one way tone mixed with iron. I dug a flat piece of iron and a few nails out of the hole before I scooped out a green disk. A quick cleaning revealed a US large cent. It ended up being a beautiful key date 1825 Matron. Pretty pleased that I wasnt skunked lol
She's a beauty, congratulations! Terrific spot and I am certain you will go back.

Best of luck,

Tony
That's a great find on some super hunting grounds Medic. Just getting a decent LC is an accomplishment (every one I have found has been toasted), but getting a key date too is a real feat. Nice!
Congratulations on the large sent! It does have awesome detail!
Congrats on a real nice LC RM! I wish they came up that good looking down here! Nice way to top off the hunt!

Ed
Reference URL's