Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Corn field coppers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The corn is planted and is over 8 feet tall, but we can still do some swinging between the rows. The field was plowed for the first time (ever) this summer and it pushed alot of relics and coins to the surface. I've never seen so much pottery and glass! Some decent finds showed up, including musketballs, jews harp, tombac and brass buttons, some wiped coppers, a gorgeous New Brunswick half penny, a Stiver and other various relics. My friend also dug a wiped copper, buttons and an 1811 Cornish penny conder token. The corn will be cut at the end of September, and we will head back for a recap
Well done again Medic. Very nice items and I suspect there's so much more. You keep coming up with astounding finds and yet I'm never surprised.
Nice finds RM! That half Penny is in FABULOUS shape! Well worth the effort in the corn, as the leaves can be sharp at times, from what I remember of corn field raids when I was a kid! Definitely worth several trips in there during the remaining season and beyond!

Ed
Those finds are terrific, congratulations!

Tony
Reference URL's