Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Long enough time to hunt
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Moving to Myrtle Beach in 2 weeks and am going to take the next 3 months off to hunt. Any suggestions, any restrictions. I have an Etrac that I bought last year and used once, what a waste until now....YesYesYes
Check local laws. I read once where certain beaches tell you that you must fill your holes back in. Most detectorist will fill in their holes but it’s funny that they don’t require kids to fill in theirs! Be patient and have fun!!
Good luck to you as you begin a beach hunting career. Wish I could do the same. If you've only used your unit once before it might be good to check out some of the various detecting forums for some beach hunting tips specific to the E-trac. There are a bunch of discussions available and most will tell you that your detector works well in wet and dry sand. I think I'm right in saying that unless you have modified your detector in some fashion, only the coil is waterproof, so be careful if you actually detect in the water. A dose of saltwater could ruin your adventure. Be sure to post some good discoveries!
Best of luck to you.
Do wet sand at low tide, then do dry sand during high tide. Wash off your coil after you leave any salty beach.

Tony
Reference URL's