Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: #49 FTY !!!! & #50 in change at Convenient!!!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Today went to a section of woods I've hunted before but never thoroughly in this area. I first dug a knife sheath with brass studs and pretty deteriorated. Then about 3 feet away I got a good high tone with real mixed VID #'s and decided to dig it. The mineralization there is real bad and I figured the VID's were being thrown off pretty good. Ground there was hard as a rock and crumbly as this area didn't get near the rain we got last week. Out popped a 45D Merc. Scoured the area well with nothing much else but trash. A ways away hit upon a 1950 Wheat. Another solo with the exception that it had a huge 3/4" square nut about 3" below and to the right about 4". Other than some early memorials and some surface clad of no real monetary amount, the merc ended my day well. Pleasant, sunny weather with a nice breeze and temps in the low 60's! So on the way home I stop at Convenient for my Saturday night 6 and they give me this dime in change and so it's a little black. I take a closer look in the RAV and I don't see no mint mark under Roosevelt's neck, turn it over and I see an S with the loupe! Take pics on my cigar tin! A 47 S Roosevelt! I made 50 before the end of September just from plain old luck!

Also I started using Sawyer 20% Picaridin insect repellent lotion about a week ago in very small quantities on the exposed areas of my face and the stuff works GREAT! I can walk through a hole cloud of the buggers and they act like they just met Superman and know better! Great stuff but if you use it follow the precautionary fold out label on the bottle because it can be dangerous in the wrong quantities and placement.

GL & HH out there!

Ed
Ed, congratulations on #49 and 50.....the half way make.....

Thanks for the tip on

Sawyer 20% Picaridin lotion.

I will pick some up because the skeeters are crazy here it says it will stop biting flies.....that is good news.

Best of luck ,

Tony
Congrats on the big year to date tally. Fifty silvers recovered the way you do it is a real achievement, and a little luck is always a good thing to have. Keen eye to spot that Roosevelt in your change! I scan my change religiously but it has been a long dry spell for me of late--not even a wheat in over 6 months. Might not be too long before the skeeters are gone for the year, but I'm still going to check out your remedy; I don't like dousing in DEET spray every time I go into the yard.
Thanks, and be sure to protect yourself. I can't tell you how many times I've been bitten by those damn skeeters and am still alive to tell you about it. Any way to stop them is a plus in my book. And the little nasties get me wherever I don't protect.

And I'm reminded of the old Sinatra song, "Luck Be A Lady Tonight".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8YR0E1EbtxA

Keep on Keepin' on fellas! YesYes

Ed
Congratulations odf
Reference URL's