Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Got a couple hours in!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
As most of you know, I have been pretty busy with family matters this spring and summer so I have had very limited metal detecting done. On Sunday, A friend and I have a little deer Hunt business called windy ridge outfitters. Well it is that time of the year to get tree stands up and cameras out for our first visitors of the season in November. Just so happens a couple of the cameras and stands are real close to the old sheep farm out in the middle of the woods so I decided to take my metal detector with me and found several pieces of old Forge steal stuff, an ox shoe and and 1837 holed large cent. I never could read the date but a friend of mine and my son both was able to confirm 1837 on. That’s my second large cent. I’m happy with it. I’ve been carrying it in my pocket ever since. I am thinking about wearing it on a necklace like somebody probably did back in the 1800s.
Congrats on the LC, OTH! I've never found one that old. I've also found most of them on farmland so there's a good chance more are out there for you. Glad to hear you could get out!

Ed
About 1-1/2 years ago, I found an 1868 shield nickel and two “fatty Indians”
I thought if ODF can go back over his old hunts and find goodies, maybe I can too!! Thanks for the inspiration!
OTH, very cool find, congratulations! Keep em coming!
That large cent is a great way to break the hunting drought. I am familiar with your situation and sympathize completely; very happy that you were able to do some detecting again, and hope you can do more very soon.
Reference URL's