Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: #52 & 53 FTY! In the grass this time!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Too beat from work to go tromping around in the woods so I nosed around in the grass of an old area today, low, slow and hot! Was a beautiful day in my estimation. Occasional misty drizzle, overcast, windy and 52F! Love it! Ran into several wheats first off. A 34, I think an 11 or a toasty 14, and a 37. Then hit upon a good tone but the ground is real mineralized so the numbers were vague but once in a while I got a 4-30 or 4-31. To my surprise it turned out to be a 1918 D Merc that's pretty worn. Then about 20 feet away I get this WHOPPER 26 high tone. I'm thinking some kind of copper or brass pipe fitting. 1" down in the roots of the grass pops up this huge 10.10 gram 925 mens ring! At this point I texted the wife and told her I was going to be late. Chuckle A bunch of clad turned up, about $1.60 plus some miscellaneous Memorials. Then I get this real good nickel signal and it's not wavering in the least, well, okay, sometimes at certain angles it showed an 11-03. My brain is thinking wow, maybe a gold ring! Out pops a 43P War nickel! Even better!

Made it home just before dark!

I love days like this!

GL & HH out there!

Ed/ODF
Nice Ed! More than one silver is always a grand hunt. That's a smashing good ring too.
Ed, you are doing great out there, congratulations on those silvers!
Reference URL's