Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: #57 FTY! Out Beating the Bushes!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First time I've been out since I last posted. Went to another spot that's similar to the one last week but quite a ways away and the same scenario of, "Nothing but wheats makes grandpa a grumpy boy!". So into the brush, briars and tall grass I go! Nosing around there for half an hour hit a penny signal that's pretty easy to target and up comes a 1950 D wheat! (Not Shown!) A foot away another penny signal but much higher tone! Up comes what at first I thought was a clad dime. I do the brush it off thingy and wow, that clad dime really has some shine to it! Turns out to be a 36 P Merc. Both coins were down only about 4" but the soil there is really bad; real wet and a combination of silt and clay. I really couldn't clean this waxy gray stuff off of the entire dime. It's like it's electroplated to the silver. Near the dime spot I also found the remnants of several keys and one of those advertising fobs that used to have your license plate number, I remember my father having one. (Not shown) So this person, whoever he or she was lost change and the keys.

This brush and grass hunting has my old coconut thinking about what other areas I've hit where I've avoided same!

GL & HH out there!

Ed
I know it's hard going Ed, but that slow steady pace in your woods and bushes has actually provided you with very respectable results on silver and other nice things this year. Hats off to you!
Nice Ed Yes

Funny = I remember those license plate key fobs from when I was a kid. My grand dad had a small collection of them. lol

You could find them in the thrift shops back then too.
Ed, congratulations on #57! You are killing it out there!

I remember those key fob too, very cool memories.

Tony
Reference URL's