Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Pinpointer Down Again!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well I did it again! Notice what's wrong with this picture! It's a worn pinhole on the tip of the probe. Last couple of trips I was having trouble turning it off and on but once I got it on, it was adjustable. Gave me so much of a headache today that I decided to bring it in and take a closer look. OOPS! I must be getting real aggressive in the hole! I will contact Garrett and get a work order on it. In the meantime I have my old Garret original but I ordered another Whites TRX in orange because I loved that one I lost. First time I've bought any detecting equipment in MONTHS! I'll let you know how it goes with Garrett. Probably be a nominal charge to get it fixed, like $70! No But it's worth it.

Ed
Yeah, we do take them for granted, sorry to hear. I hope it's under warranty

Tony
Small tip Ed , shoe goo ,,,5 bucks at Walmart
I guess that pin hole is the MDer's equivalent to a battle scar Ed. Too bad you can't get a medal of commendation for it. Unless the Garrett fix will be a freebie, I'd go with Dusty's DIY suggestion first. Also, there are a lot of plastic epoxy repair kits available that are very strong and very cheap ( I've used them for coil repair with no problems). Hope you get the TRX soon, super nice pointer.
Ed, I also have to ask, did you mistake that for a real carrot?
I was going to try and go out today after work. Now it won't even turn on. I've tried glues and dips in the past and they are just a temporary fix. I am going to put one of those rubber table leg tips on the TRX when I get it. Even though the replacement body is available. {What a concept, Garrett! (sarc.)}

Ed
Man, and I thought I was rough on MY Garrett! Lol. I was watching a YT video the other day and the digger was real good, very experienced, but it was a PITA to sit through because he wasn't using a probe and it took him like 5 minutes to find each target. Grab dirt, wave it over coil. Grab dirt, wave it over coil. Ad infinitum! Gimme a break.

And by the way, what's with all of the people now using water in spray bottles on their silver?! Everyone wants to be a hoover boy all of a sudden Tongue
Reference URL's