Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Holy CATS!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Just to let you know, where this woman saw this creature is RIGHT NEXT to a 795 acre area I hunt OFTEN! Won't be going there real soon now!

Ed

https://www.news5cleveland.com/news/loca...ntain-lion
Damn right Ed, stay out of those woods! I can't think of anything more frightening than being stalked by a big cat. I've read too many stories about mountain lion attacks out west to know that you wouldn't stand a chance once you become the prey. Let us know if there are more sightings.
OMG! That is nothing to tangle with for sure, be safe....
What if you just opened a plug and saw a gold coin in it, was just about to reach for it, and then saw that beast staring you down? Would you go for the coin, or back away slowly?
Grab the coin and take a phone photo of course!

What say you ODF?
(11-16-2018 11:40 PM)Bigtony Wrote: [ -> ]Grab the coin and take a phone photo of course!

What say you ODF?

Ha! Wouldn't surprise me in this day and age. Some moron would try to take a selfie with the big cat lol. As for me, after I shit my pants I'd go for the coin. If I'm gonna be mauled to death at least I'll go out with some class by having a gold piece in my pocket!
Pull my 9, shoot the cat, grab the coin, call the Rangers!

Ed
(11-17-2018 12:04 PM)Ohio Dirt Fisher Wrote: [ -> ]Pull my 9, shoot the cat, grab the coin, call the Rangers!

Ed

You would never know it was there until you felt the canines separating the vertabrae in your neck.
Cougars don't have calling cards.
Best defense is fear , on both sides.Happy
(11-17-2018 04:41 PM)Dusty Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-17-2018 12:04 PM)Ohio Dirt Fisher Wrote: [ -> ]Pull my 9, shoot the cat, grab the coin, call the Rangers!

Ed

You would never know it was there until you felt the canines separating the vertabrae in your neck.
Cougars don't have calling cards.
Best defense is fear , on both sides.Happy

Hey Dusty, I totally agree! I would have been just a lonely, dumb Raccoon in the woods. But I can fantasize in a ballsy way, thinking I'm some Ranger Rick! Basically, when I see it dead on the ground in a news report, I'll go back there. And get this. That place is real close to me so I swung by there late this morning and it's people walking their dogs, joggers and people walking the trails. Best of luck to them but I know that groups of people the cats will shy from! Of course the Raccoon population around here is atrocious so the thing should be well fed. Coyotes are making a comeback here as well. This cat has some serious competition. But the deer are all over the place. Seems the CWD virus has left the area. If anything more comes up on the subject I'll definitely post it. Because even though I'm 10 miles away out hunting alone, every time I kneel down and everytime I get back up, I try and become situationally aware. Best of luck with that too I'd guess.

Ed
It won't be long before that cat runs a foul of the law! I googled the Westlake area just to see what it looked like and I'm amazed a cat that size could even exist in there. That wildlife and reservation area can't even encompass 4 square miles and , even with the golf courses in the area , there just can't be enough room for a population of those guys no matter how fertile the prey is. Out here in NM there is no limit nor season on them just to keep the numbers down and keep them fearing man. I have spent decades running around these parts and have never seen one in the wild but I'm sure they have seen me. Treehuggers in California stopped the hunting there and they dine on bikers and joggers with some regularity. You might want to dunk a rag in gear oil and drag it behind you while you're detecting , maybe they will think you are going to taste like $hit and will leave you alone.Wink
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's