Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: #60 FTY & Sterling Pendant!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
One of the nice things about snow on the ground this time of year is all the tall weeds, grasses, have cashed it in and laid down until Spring. Which lends the opportunity for any detectorist to go a wandering where he has never been before! After having spent most of this past week idolizing the porcelain throne with an intestinal virus, today I felt well enough to get out of the residence and go detecting without any fear of missing the well used facility! And as luck would have it my hunch was correct. Also found a 37 wheat about 2 feet from the Merc first, about $2 in clad all over and a plated pendant in the shape of a small key that says I LOVE YOU, but is so corroded it's not worth showing.

Good luck to all and Happy Hunting!

Ed
Sweet silver, Congrats!
The hunting time for 2018 is winding down pretty quickly and I'm glad to see you're still at it with a couple of nice finds. Another outing or two before Christmas? At some point I started referring to intestinal virus as "diakaplukis of the mouth and b**t". Don't know if it means anything at all, but it just seems so much more descriptive of the agony one suffers than does stomach flu or virus. Happy you've gotten past it. And congratulations on a very good year of detecting!
Good going Ed, congratulations on hitting 60!

Now try detecting where there are leaves in between the trees. That area doesn’t freeze as fast as regular ground.

I hit a local park and found some leaf areas were good to dig in even though the temps were below 32 the night before.

Best of luck for the remainder of 2018.

Tony
Thanks fellas! I was out today, 56F, (December 14th, 2018), partly cloudy, to an old spot very deep in the woods with an early start. Only a 42 Wheat and an American Pigeon Racing Union bird band for the 5 hours of effort. But that's the way it goes. I had a dream on Wednesday that I hit a 9 coin spill of Mercs. Who knows? Going to go hit it again tomorrow. Slight chance of rain but I'll take the AT Pro if it is required.

Ed
Reference URL's