Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Any of the old folks still here?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am listed as BigTony but I am simply Tony - please no intimidation is meant and no brag at all.
I live in NJ and was wondering if any of the older folks from 2015 or so are still using this site.

I would like to see how folks are doing - are they still detecting?

For the current folks on this forum - I will try to post some items going forward and I hope we are all enjoying this crazy hobby.

Back in 1991 or 92 when I started detecting - the hobby was fun. I feel that has changed with videos and social media.
I use videos to learn from - how to change settings and stuff like that - comparisons of different detectors or coils.

Tony
Hi Big T. Thanks for asking about the old group who used to populate this forum. Sadly the site has dwindled down to not much more than a shadow of its former state. This is unfortunate because the idea behind TC's founding was superb and Joe dedicated himself totally to it. Can't really explain the decline since the group had such good members with interesting and even zany personalities and great detecting skills. It was always a pleasure to check in and see what folks were finding and what was on their minds.

At the end, Ed (ODF) was about the only one regularly posting finds and since I had pretty much abandoned the hobby due to my wife's medical issues, I was reduced to not much more than making a few comments and maybe posting a link to MD type articles of interest. I did make contact with Ed recently which was very rewarding, and I see your name from time to time on another forum where I check at times just to see what diggers are finding. Not active anymore, but I just can't let go altogether. Good to see that you are still active, and best wishes for success as you pursue your detecting adventures.

My only avenue for finding older coins now is still the Coinstar machines which you first alerted me to some time ago in several of your older posts. I have found 2 silver Rosies, 1 Mercury, and 1 silver quarter as well as a few wheats in the last 4 or 5 months. No telling how many treasures I may have missed over the years by simply being unaware that I could do a little treasure hunting at the grocery store. Thanks for the tip, and take care of yourself and the family.

Tom
Tom, your welcomed and thanks for the update. I was wondering about the folks and yes, their finds too as well as you.

This forum was fun and I enjoyed posting and earning coins to purchase an item or two. That made it even more fun but times change.

I am glad you are finding stuff at the store and I hope it keeps up for you.
In my area folks don’t leave much behind any longer, just some cents and foreign coins.

Take care,

Tony NJ
I'm still here Tony

been out diggin as time has allowed but not much during the summer. I tend to field hunt more these days rather than water hunt due to the amount of guys at the beaches these days and so it's spring and fall mostly for me/my hunting partner.

I don't know what happened to the format/layout of the forum here but that has a lot to do with why I don't/haven't posted a lot on here for the last yr or so.

I don't like the look/how it is now and I don't like how when you make a post your words/sentences get cut off. It's too hard to read/follow and even search to find a topic.
Hello MRH, good to hear from you. Glad to hear that you are still digging too!

Year the forum has some funky things when you try to view the messages. I emailed Sven but I think he jumped ship.

I try to hunt dirt when I get free time and of course not in the heat. I agree with you that fall, winter and spring are the best times to hunt.
During the summer I try to hit a beach or two in the evening but your right there are plenty of beach detectorists here as well.
NJ has 120 or so miles of beaches so there should be room for me the few times I go.

Good luck this fall,

Tony NJ
Still here.
Forum is doing some funky things. So folks don't visit anymore. With just moderator rights, have no control how this forum functions. Only Admin has those rights and it
seems Admin is the one who jumped ship, so no one else can either delete their account. We are all stuck here. Not even sure if any other moderators here exist. Think there is someone who handles the Classifieds, couldn't tell you who.
Thanks Sven.

So no Joe either? Wow!

Forum is dead.

Tony NJ
I just logged back in after almost a year.
Hello DigDugny, good to hear from you.
Hope you are doing well these days.
Tony
Reference URL's