Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: A quest for silver.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Didn't get any. I did get some cool stuff though. Another Hutchinson pop bottle top, some bullets and shells, a cool flat button that says something on back, a crazy lady pin, a ring(fake), and a buck in clad. Oh yeah I also got an old cub scout badge and a 79 thing. I was using the T2 with the 5" coil this time. Still almost impossible to hunt with all the hot rocks. I'm still trying though.
That green button is damn nice. I tried enlarging the pic, but, my eyes are so shot it wouldn't matter. It almost looks like the word "Cent" on the back. Or am I having another bad acid trip leftover from the 80's? Not a bad haul at all. All good indicators of the potential presence of old silver & copper Wink

Joe
Heres another pic. I cleaned the back of the button a little. When I blow it up on my phone it looks like GILT. That's all I can see.
Hmmmm, treble gilt, maybe? That's an oldie for sure. There's gotta be silver hiding there. Even a lot of your junk are good indicators. I'm pretty confident you'll be posting some shiny stuff soon Yes

Joe
That's a lot of brass and lead so your getting there. Lot a digging I see. An Iron City bottle cap! I remember when I swung through that area on the way back from vacation (early 70's) and picked up a case of Iron City Red for my uncle back in Cleveland. Good beer! That woman with the flowing hair almost looks like the girl on the Freedom coin from Provident Metals.
Looks like a great haul!
Yes
looks like a good days hunt there.....well done.....Yes
Hey great finds! I know its not the best but i think the huchinson bottle stopper is my favourite just because im a bottle guy lol.
Reference URL's