Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Freakin Bulldookie!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ya know, one would think the Keystone Koppers have better things to do, like tracking down rapists & murderers...instead of trying to make their quotas by ensnaring innocent hobbyists in a Miami Vice style dragnet. The guys out enjoying the day with his wife, give him a damn warning!!! No

http://fox40.com/2014/03/04/man-ticketed...-detector/

Joe
Welcome to California!!! We have to have permits here for the Metroparks of Cleveland. But the city parks no. The permits are free. But hand trowels only. No shovels. I think you have to have a permit for State Parks in Ohio too. There's a bunch of laws related to surface mining. Cops here could care less. Mostly want to know if I ever find anything.
Yeah that's crap.  You see the article under it?  There is a town coming out of that lake.
Ya know, the rules are the rules, fine, I get that, but, the story DID say that detectorists are common by the lake. Now we're getting into a situation of why was HE targeted precisely? The rules must apply to everybody. Furthermore, be a human being. Just tell the guy that detecting is prohibited, and tell him to skedaddle. But no, Barney Fife has to go & write the poor schlub a ticket. Let's be honest...

The guy doesn't look like a hard core detectorist, mainly a weekend warrior. How many people really go to read those stupid paper boards anyway...much less a guy out swinging a bounty hunter. Meaning, a serious hunter might know the rules a bit better, but, a guy like that out enjoying the day with his wife? Ain't gonna happen.

Joe
It probably was a rookie cop. All pumped up from the academy. Your right though. There are very few posted signs over here that are front and center not on some board somewhere at an entrance. And what goes for one goes for all. Where was Barney for all the other interviews FOX 40 did, with detectorist's. Even the judge was unaware. Place is turning fascist if you ask me.
I just think we've reached a point in this country where everything is ass backwards. Gotta treat criminals with great care & gentleness so as not to encroach on their civil liberties. Racial profiling? Hell no!!! Even though everyone knows crime is higher in most urban areas. Yet...

Is that a guy with a metal detector enjoying a good clean hobby? Let's go slap him around, break his balls in front of his wife & write him a big ol' fat ticket!!! No

Joe
hey guys, this was a HOT topic on the California Kinzli forum. Matter of fact, another guy joined in and said he just recieved a ticket at Lake Oroville,which is an hour away from Folsom. Btw, I believe our very own Ron lives next to Folsom... Yep,welcome to kalifornia. Youll probably see me in the news soon,lol.
Reminds me of a quote I use as a signature in my emails:

.......When you see that in order to produce, you need to obtain permission from men who produce nothing; when you see that money is flowing to those who deal not in goods, but in favors; when you see that men get rich more easily by graft than by work, and your laws no longer protect you against them, but protect them against you … you may know that your society is doomed. ...... Ayn Rand, "ATLAS SHRUGGED"
(03-16-2014 10:12 PM)Ohio Dirt Fisher Wrote: [ -> ]Reminds me of a quote I use as a signature in my emails:

.......When you see that in order to produce, you need to obtain permission from men who produce nothing; when you see that money is flowing to those who deal not in goods, but in favors; when you see that men get rich more easily by graft than by work, and your laws no longer protect you against them, but protect them against you … you may know that your society is doomed.  ......  Ayn Rand, "ATLAS SHRUGGED"

Veeeeerrrrry true. Keep something in mind...

This hobby used to be more of a niche pursuit. A smaller group of fanatical hobbyists. A semi-closed fraternity. Yet, with the popularity of the internet (forums, YouTube videos, etc.), treasure magazines, television shows, conventions, yadda, yadda, yadda, this pastime is suddenly becoming MUCH more visible. Nobody can argue with the plain old fact of: there's just a LOT more of us out there running around with detectors & digging. For the most part, THIS IS NOT GOOD! Too visible. Of course, we aren't doing anything wrong except for enjoying a fun, harmless hobby. However, it's not what IS, it's what's PERCEIVED Wink People see a show about MD'ing, then see me at their local park 2 days later & link everything together ;"Oh, he's destroying the land to get rich". 

We are under a major microscope right now. And I'm pretty confident it's not for the best Cool

Joe
Reference URL's