Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Holy Batshit - Better Pics
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Perfectly aged silver. ChuckleChuckleChuckle

You guys and your hang ups about making a shitty looking coin look good crack me up Tongue

If a coin has Very little numismatic value in its found condition,why not make it look good for your display.  I understand not messing with a semi key or key date but common silver???  Reales carry very little value. 

To each his own I guess. If you find it then you can do as you please. 

Joe I would have had that sucker looking good already
Very killer coin joe, Congrats! I have only found one 2 reale coin ever and it was when I was living in Tampa,Fl. In the early 90s and sold it for a bus ride back to California. I would pound that area and see if any more pops out. I have dug a few barbers in the desert that didn't sound like silver when out of the ground,thay were thin and black.
Really nice find Joe, was out yesterday found a fews wheats and 1 rosey 1949d
Haha, Ron you know dam well Im messing with you...theres some history to this subject,lol. But I agree 100%, you find it do whatever you like with it. Sorry my kidding didnt come through on the post better. Anyhow,great find, Thats top on my bucket list.
(03-22-2014 06:30 PM)deathray Wrote: [ -> ]Haha, Ron you know dam well Im messing with you...theres some history to this subject,lol. But I agree 100%, you find it do whatever you like with it. Sorry my kidding didnt come through on the post better. Anyhow,great find, Thats top on my bucket list.

Took it as a joke and just jabbing back at ya buddy!!\

But I do get a kick out of some people getting all worked up over me rubbing a worn out coin like I'm ruining it.  

Ray you can always poke fun with me!!
I scrub probably 1/2 of the coins I find with a Brillo Pad because of corrosion and crusty crap that needs to be scrubbed off just to see the dates/etc.

As a Legitimate full time coin dealer of 10 straight yrs as my main business until just a few yrs back and in dealing with many other local and interstate dealers during that time - I can tell you that even most of the dealers clean coins that you buy in their shops/s, online, eBay, etc. unless they're Professionally graded and/or in mint condition with "Original Mint Luster" present (otherwise - it really doesn't matter)

therefore

the guys/people that have a heart attack over seeing someone clean/rub/scrub a coin and/or are those who won't even rub field dirt off of a Washington quarter or whatever I just laugh at, and try to ignore as they don't have a clue!
Like me, Ron??? Happy Hey, you're not digging mostly mercs & barbers like me! Rather, you're digging rare relics & coins from the 1800's that might be worth a considerable amount of $$$. Look...

I'm a rubber...within reason. If I pull something up and I see it's a merc or a barber, unless it's a semi key or key date that I instantly recognize, it's being finger washed asap. I want to know what it is on the spot. I'm like a kid in a candy store. However...

Some things (old coppers, seateds, plates, buckles, etc.) should be put aside for careful cleaning at home. Heck, I was rubbing all over my reale like it was a crystal ball. I assumed it was just a merc or something. Had I known what it was, woulda treated it a lot more fragile.

Ron, nobody can argue with your success and mind blowing finds. It's just seeing some of those beauties you dig up, and then seeing the rubbing give me the hebe geebees.

Now let me buy you a beer Beer

Joe
I know Ron!! But I really should just stay WAAAY off this topic...Ive hurt feelings before!
Well, you guys were right, it IS silver!!! Gotta be honest, never thought this one had a chance, due to the coloring & the odd VDI/tone. Ron...

Your spit cleaning worked amazing!!! (btw, I hope that was the COIN that smelled, and not my breath. You were right, it STUNK, lol).

Updated pics in a little bit...

Joe
Cleaning working good. We're getting her there Happy

Joe
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Reference URL's