Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Holy Batshit - Better Pics
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I don't know guys, I'm lost on this one. I think I'm gonna take a Brillo pad to this b!tch and see if I can get this crud off...this is killing me!!!

NO GAY!!!!!!!!!

Joe
I still say = REAL

like someone else mentioned

thin/small silver like that (and 3 centers)

read very low on the VID and sound "mid range" on Tone ID

I found a 3 cent silver last yr that read like complete junk but being where I was - I knew better than to pass the signal by

I was using my Deus and it rang in the 40s on the VID and mid tone even though it's "silver"

and in case you don't know

silver on the Deus reads at 91 and up so figure that one out!
(03-21-2014 09:24 PM)MichiganRelicHunter Wrote: [ -> ]I still say = REAL

like someone else mentioned

thin/small silver like that (and 3 centers)

read very low on the VID and sound "mid range" on Tone ID

I found a 3 cent silver last yr that read like complete junk but being where I was - I knew better than to pass the signal by

I was using my Deus and it rang in the 40s on the VID and mid tone even though it's "silver"

and in case you don't know

silver on the Deus reads at 91 and up so figure that one out!

Even when they were out of the hole? In the hole is one thing, VDI, tones might be off, but, same result when you waved it in front of the coil?

Funny, but, almost the same EXACT thing happened last season...

I was hunting with a group of guys, and I just found a seated dime. Then, some other guy starts shouting that he got old silver. It was a cut reale. He passed his coil over it, however, didn't read as silver on his White's. We were all mystified. We were thinking maybe since it was cut that that would affect the sound, VDI. Some thought counterfeit, some thought real. Anywho...

I just tried scraping this black film off, and it ain't going NOWHERE. Could be a fire situation. Wayne...

It appears that the film is OVER the silver...it just will NOT come off Sad

Joe
Yes

even out of the hole they don't read high # or tone high

think about it

those guys over there in the UK/England (Europe)

find thin/small hammered silver all the time and NONE of it reads like a normal silver coin

it all reads very low on the conductive scale and is very hard to pick out to begin with

most guys here in the US would pass right over a 1/2 reale or 3 center or the like because they don't read like common silver dimes, quarters, etc.

they read like "junk"

and whatever that film is over yours I suspect is making it even worse for ID'ing

Give it the Magnet test!
(03-21-2014 08:57 PM)Ron (CA) Wrote: [ -> ]Very Very Cool!!

First off  I know it is not a Reale because there is no such thing.  But I bet 100% that it is a authentic REAL.

OK -just check the dictionary for Reale--Good luck with that!! Wink  For some reason American always spell it wrong.  Happy

So my friend, congrats on your real REAL.

I have found several black silvers and the reales (pl) are very thin and small so it does not surprise me that it hit low.  The half dimes and reales that I have found all hit lower than Indian Head pennies.

Congrats that is a killer find!!

I really think that your real is real.   Yes

Ron, you're correct. I know it but still say reale. Don't ask why...

No gay...only Ben Gay!

Joe
Joe- put it in your tumbler and it should clean up. The consensus seems to point to it being real (or is it Reale!). Gerry
How long you "Ben Gay" ? Wink

Ok  Electrolysis will work to clean that little sucker.
Here what you do:

Get a 3" x 3" piece of aluminum foil.

Save up a big saliva sit.  Yes spit--not a loogie!

place the REAL in the middle of the foil and spit on it.  make sure some spit gets under the real.

Wrap it up real tight.

You will feel it start to warm up.  Leave it in there for a minute or two 

Unwrap and it will stink like rotten eggs.

Give it a good rub with baking soda.  (no gay)

Repeat until you get the desired results you want.  Fresh foil and spit each time

Admire your black fingers and nails and hopefully a shiny REAL or Reale if your from Nu Yawk or Nu Jursey
Joe silver or not, that is incredible!  Don't Brillo it or even think about running it through your tumbler.  Leave it the f@!k alone!  See, that long winter paid off!
Dude,great find. And yes ,thats a real Real, I pretty sure. Think about it,thats alot of work to counterfeight....better get more for your effort. And now Rons got ya shining up your perfectly aged silver......lol.
(03-22-2014 10:12 AM)deathray Wrote: [ -> ]Dude,great find. And yes ,thats a real Real, I pretty sure. Think about it,thats alot of work to counterfeight....better get more for your effort. And now Rons got ya shining up your perfectly aged silver......lol.

Ya know, in general, never good to clean older coins, but, in this condition, Ray, I don't think it would hurt at all. My OCD needs my coins looking spiffy so I can stare at them during the lean times, lol. Matter of fact...

I want Ron to make a separate thread about that homemade spit electrolysis test, as I want to make it a sticky post. I've never heard of that one before, and it would be perfect for this, as the real electrolysis unit I made would be a bit too harsh.

I'm still leaning towards fake, but, I'm gonna try that spit test this afternoon and see what flies Wink

Joe
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Reference URL's