Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Sunray probes?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
You guys use any Sunray probes. I've been thinking about maybe getting one for my M6. I'm just worried that I might like my Propointer better. Does the Sunray require motion? Does it zoom in on the target like the Garrett does? Is it too much wires just getting in the way? Any info is appreciated.
Best accessories if you have a machine that can use one.  Acts the same as you big coil but it is only a 1" coil.

Twice the depth of the Garrett and discriminates and tone IDs just like you machine.

Absolutely the best pinpointer  (in my opinion)

After using one, most people hate to hunt without it.
I don't own one Will but another advantage that they have is you hear them through your headphones, so on windy days or where there is a lot of background noise, sometimes you just can't hear the Garrett with your headphones on, and the vibration doesn't transmit well through gloved hands. I think I'm going to get the X1 sometime this year for what Ron mentions and my observations.
Sun Ray's are the gold standard. The main benefit is hearing the tones of the target. I waste a LOT of time not having one. Having those tones are a MAJOR benefit. Especially if there's a lot of iron. Other pinpointers will easily do the job too, just not as efficiently as the Sun Ray's Wink I'm getting one soon, myself Yes

Joe
Sounds good, but I don't know if I want it if it works in motion like a coil. I think that would be harder to use. I really can't stand all the crazy chatter from the M6 when I turn on the Pro Pointer though.
Will, you mean the M6 is picking up the PP?
(03-23-2014 07:33 PM)Ohio Dirt Fisher Wrote: [ -> ]Will, you mean the M6 is picking up the PP?

Yes real bad and there is no frequency shift on the M6. I heard the new Whites pinpointer uses the same frequency too. How dumb is that?
Well that's another reason to go Sunray.

But, I had heard that some of the detectors out there picked up the PP's but I thought it was a fault issue with the pinpointer. Have you called Garrett about this? Maybe you have a leak somewhere in the wiring or circuitry in it.

A PP should not transmit enough energy to interfere with the coil or control box unless either are within proximity of their respective fields. I imagine it would be like excessive EMF from a power line or ground stationed transformer.

Some cell phones with the constantly searching GPS can have the same effect.
(03-23-2014 07:56 PM)Ohio Dirt Fisher Wrote: [ -> ]Well that's another reason to go Sunray.

But, I had heard that some of the detectors out there picked up the PP's but I thought it was a fault issue with the pinpointer. Have you called Garrett about this? Maybe you have a leak somewhere in the wiring or circuitry in it.

A PP should not transmit enough energy to interfere with the coil or control box unless either are within proximity of their respective fields. I imagine it would be like excessive EMF from a power line or ground stationed transformer.

Some cell phones with the constantly searching GPS can have the same effect.

From reading around on the forums it seems this is a common problem with the M6/MXT and the PP.  My T2 does the same thing with the big coil on it.  I can shift down the frequency on the T2 though.  That helps alot.  I don't think anything is wrong with my pointer.
Nothing is wrong with your pointer, Will. On my old MXT, I'd pick-up my detector all the time...it's normal. A pain in the ass, but normal.

Joe
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's