Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: New Reale Pics after electrolysis
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Guys, I put the reale through 2 short electrolysis baths...came out GREAT! (See below)...

Notice the tiny dimple on the reverse of the coin. Looks like someone tried to 'hole' it. My first holed coin. I've been waiting many years for one Happy

Thank you everyone for their feedback & expertise regarding the authenticity & handling tips! Big shout out to Ron (CA) who recommended a spit foil wash, as well as other info on the cleaning of the piece. Thank you! You're the best, Ron Yes

P.S. - I still don't believe it's real, lol. Just kidding, I do, and I'm thrilled...especially with the condition Happy I've found 2 other reales, but, they basically look like slugs they're so thin and almost worn. I'll post photos of them in this thread later, so you guys can see how these coins can vary wildly. Click the link below to see my original post, along with photos of the coin before being cleaned...

http://forum.treasureclassifieds.com/Thr...etter-pics

Joe
Its good don't worry about it I have them from areas where they are totally worn off to great shape. If not send it to me, I can post a picture of a fake if you want
The pics below are of my only two other reales. Even though they're paper thin (you can floss with them), and are virtually all worn, they DO ring up like silver, sound like silver, etc. Which is why I thought this one was a fake. Also, the color was off and several other inconsistencies. So, guess the moral is...

Never assume!!! Wink

Joe
Wow. That looks great Joe. Maybe I'll find one of those one day.
(03-26-2014 08:31 PM)PittsburghWill Wrote: [ -> ]Wow.  That looks great Joe.  Maybe I'll find one of those one day.

They're out there, brother! If I can find them, so can you Wink

Joe
Hey,dont tell Ron this,but looks great!!!!
Glad that electrolysis worked out. Man that's a great piece!! Congratulations!!!
(03-26-2014 09:14 PM)deathray Wrote: [ -> ]Hey,dont tell Ron this,but looks great!!!!

Hahaha! You know, I don't normally do the whole electrolysis thing or even cleaning (aside from warm water), but, this was a special coin to me, so, the cleaning made sense in this case. I get to stare at it on those days I get skunked Tongue

Joe
Whoa dude thats a whole new coin!
Congrats on that beauty.
What a find.
Nice!

And YOU didn't think it was real = Phffft! lol
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's