Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Go Big or Go Home
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Busted my ass today swinging for about 6 straight hours. Not too much to show for it. The spot I hunted is past the point of diminishing returns. Me & my buddies slammed it the past few years, so, we keep going back & hoping for the best, but, very little materializes. Might be time to cross it off our list.

I got about 7 or 8 wheats, some type of a round brass object (I was thinking something from a hitching post maybe), and my prize of the day, an 1835 large cent. Our ground here is terribly mineralized. Anything that comes out aside from silver always looks beat to shreds...including the largie in the pics.

Rain here for next few days. No hunting until maybe Sunday Yes

Joe
Too bad that's so corroded because it has a high relief. Nice find none the less. Gerry
Really too bad on the condition there Joe. But still a nice find. Sometimes you have those days where not much pops up but I'd still call what you have something. Rain here too but I'm back at the fields working. After opening on April 5th I'll get some solid swinging in. No promises though. Going to go into the city and try some of those parks. Also found 2 house sites from the 30's that are now owned by the City of Cleveland with no signs up so they're up for grabs. Good luck. HH!!!!!!
Some wheats and a large cent is not a bad day digging! At least you were able to get a date off your large cent I have yet to find one in good enough shape to get a date. And hey, you got out! Tonight is supposed to be the last real cold night up here for at least a week and we are supposed to hit 60 degrees on Monday! So if everything works out I'm taking a vacation day from work and swinging for the day.
That large cent is still cool.  I haven't found any of those yet.  From those finds I would say there is probably SOME silver still around.  They play hard to get you know.
An 1835 Large Cent is beautiful even when it's in rough condition. Congratulations on a great find. 
Cool find/s Joe ;-)

Gotta love LC's any way you find em!

HH
Large cents are always fun to find , better day than me
Nice joe,I have only found 5 in my detecting life and one was when I went to PA. Big Congrats!
Reference URL's