Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: 2014.03.29. Saturday
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My finds from Saturday's outing.
The mortar is empty, inert!!
First photo (mostly spent shell casings) is from our newest permission--we'll return there at a later date!
Two of the three coins are unidentifiable....third one's a ringer--great shape!!
Nice mortar, George! Those 1882 cents are cool, never seen one before Happy

Lucky you're not in the burgh anymore. Entire northeast is getting buckets of rain this weekend. Oh yeah, you also missed one of the MEANEST winters on record, too.

Joe
Really nice find and great history, be careful digging them shells
(03-30-2014 09:14 AM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]Nice mortar, George! Those 1882 cents are cool, never seen one before Happy

Lucky you're not in the burgh anymore. Entire northeast is getting buckets of rain this weekend. Oh yeah, you also missed one of the MEANEST winters on record, too.

Joe

THX!!
With the exception of maybe 1-2 weeks, we had a great winter here in Hungary--went out almost every weekend to hunt!!!

(03-30-2014 10:17 AM)Steveo Wrote: [ -> ]Really nice find and great history, be careful digging them shells

THX!!
EOD people have had to come out quite a few times 'cause of meTongue
...I even got to push the detonator button once, when they had to explode the stuff on-site....that was really cool, but disappointing too (no big BANG, just a deep THUD!!)Cool
Nice digs!

On the coin excuse my ignorance but what is it - 
Couldn't ID it love the old date though Wink
Wow, lots of war stuff out there. Nice finds on the cents! I worry about being mugged, you about going "boom". Sheesh!!! Take care out there!!!!!!!!!!
(03-30-2014 12:49 PM)micahmoore Wrote: [ -> ]Nice digs!

On the coin excuse my ignorance but what is it - 
Couldn't ID it love the old date though Wink

Austro-Hungarian (actually Hungarian) 1 Kreutzer.
sweet!!! That mortar would make a great display piece with good electrolysis treatment and a paraffin wax bath. Great find keep em coming!
Wow. You find some awesome stuff over there. The weather is getting nice in the Burgh now. I think winter is finally over, but I've wrong before.
(03-30-2014 02:24 PM)PAunderground Wrote: [ -> ]sweet!!! That mortar would make a great display piece with good electrolysis treatment and a paraffin wax bath. Great find keep em coming!

Yeah, I've seen people make lamps out of these!Yes

(03-30-2014 04:50 PM)PittsburghWill Wrote: [ -> ]Wow.  You find some awesome stuff over there.  The weather is getting nice in the Burgh now.  I think winter is finally over, but I've wrong before.

Glad to hear--good one for Bucs' opening day (if the weather's good for baseball, then it's good for detecting too!!!).
Get out there and kill 'em Will!!!Yes

(BTW, I'm a Reds fan!!!:heartHappy
Reference URL's