Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: I'm off tomorrow!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just got the Sunray probe for my M6 and I finally get to try it out. I hear people talking about depth all the time(like Joe), but I usually go for target seperation. I think this time I will try for depth and see what happens. The deepest coil I have for the M6 is the big round 950. I haven't used this coil yet, but airtesting it is considerably deeper than the 6×10. I will see how it is in the ground around here. I was thinking of taking the 6×10 with me too, but I might get impatient very quickly and not give the 950 a fair chance. I haven't had much luck with concentric coils bigger than six inches, but I haven't used one mounted to a very capable detector either. I have dug pretty deep targets with the old 6000/Di Series 2 and 8"coil. That detector is alot different than the newer ones though. It runs in static all metal with target ID and when it says pulltab at 8" it ain't lyin. I plan to use that one again this year too. I haven't used it enough. But tomorrow it's new toy day and the M6 will get a workout. The 950 must be a pretty good coil since Whites puts it on almost all of their detectors from the factory. What do you guys think of my coil choice? I think I might try using disc knob this time too.
Truth be told, Will, I never took the 6X10 off my MXT. Great separation, good depth, etc. However, before I purchased it, I used the big spider coil (the round one), and I must say, it goes deep! You will not be disappointed Wink Just understand...

The cleaner the site, and I'd always go with a larger coil. When it's super trashy, then it's not a depth game, but rather, more about being able to shimmy in on those keepers that are surrounded/masked by junk.

As far as the Sun Ray, you're gonna wonder how you ever did without it! It's going to take some practice though, as you might forget to flip the switch back to coil after using it, but, after enough repetition, it becomes second nature. I remember I was swinging my CZ one day, and wasn't getting any signals for like 15 minutes. I finally noticed I forgot to flip the switch Tongue

Go dig some treasure, Will!!!

Joe
Don't forget the coil switch. Don't forget the coil switch. Don't forget the coil switch. Got it. Did you put the probe back in the mounts after you used it or held it in hand? I'm really not worried about digging junk. You never know what the "junk" might be. You ever notice all the pulltabs I dig? That's not by accident. My main concern is the ground itself and the damn rocks. I have a serious hot rock epidemic to deal with around here. The things are everywhere.
Reference URL's