Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: May 25th, 2014 Mountain-top is tops!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi Everyone!
In spite of the threat of violent thunder storms yesterday, I got out and about--or rather out and UP, 'cause I climbed a rather tall mountain top that I heard was a settlement (or primitive fortress??) at some time in the very distant past.  Thank Heavens it didn't pour--my machine's water proof, I'm not!!!
Here's my stuff.....NO cherry picking (AT Pro on all metal pro, F3, iron disc at zero!).
Misc odds-and-ends, signet ring (mat'l=???) from the middle ages, broad arrow head and a spike arrow head, celtic bronze "ring-money"....
Thanks for taking a peak...
....GL&HH!
Nice hunt Doc!! Man you found a lot of Celtic stuff this time out. Good Hunting!!!
I love your posts!  I run the same machine.  Pro mode, 0 iron disc.  LOVE that ring!  Great job!!!!!!!  Send me tickets and I'll come and hunt with you!
Cool finds!
Great finds!
Sweet finds.  Are you choosy at all or just dig it all?
(05-26-2014 09:47 PM)PittsburghWill Wrote: [ -> ]Sweet finds.  Are you choosy at all or just dig it all?

At sites like he's hitting, I'd dig every damn signal!!! I'm basically hunting old parks/woods, where there's a 5 or 6" layer of crap on top of all the old stuff. There's a BIG difference hunting in modern trash versus old trash/iron. With the latter, even the 'trash' is interesting, historical & potentially valuable. Not so when digging up an 11 year old Colt 45 bottle cap Yes

George, you've done it again! PHENOMENAL ring!!! The age on that is simply too much for my mind to process. We're thrilled digging something 150 years old, over here. Love the old horse shoes, too! Man, with the history you have, I'd be out digging day & night Happy

Joe
awesome!!
THX All for the comments!!
At older sites I usually dig everything--500 yr old trash IS interesting!!!
GL&HH!
drgeorge, that ring is very interesting but not nearly as much as that spear head!  where was it dug up? ( country, province or state).
remarkable finds.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's